01 YZF 600 Track Bike $1300

yakky

Selling my YZF600 track bike. I'm the original owner, I have the title. It's been a great trackbike for several seasons, no issues passing tech or any sort of ride-ability or mechanical issues. I've been trying to get back to the track but I just have too many other priorities that keep getting in the way. After four years of her sitting, I think it's time to let her go. Great way to get on the track for a newbie, cheaper than rashing up your street bike. Asking $1300. Located in Leesburg VA.

The good
-less than 4k miles, ran like a top when last put up several years ago
-every panel is pre-rashed, gas tank is dented, so no worries about virgin panels
-Was put away with fuel stabilizer

The not so good
-was lowsided at low speed before being turned into a track bike
-Been sitting covered under a deck for four years
-Missing lots of street specific stuff (headlight, blinkers, mirrors, etc
-Probably won't be able to get insurance with SF as it was declared a total loss with them if you ever decided to make it street legal again. Title is clean though.

What it needs

-A battery, old one was dead and sent of to be recycled
-You might get away with draining the fuel in the carbs and tank or you might need to take the carbs off for a good cleaning. I haven't attempted to fire it up since I last put it up.
-Fluid changes all around
-General cleanup

With a few hours of work you'll have a nice running low mileage track bike. Maybe you'll even paint her.

yzf06.jpg

yzf01.jpg

yzf02.jpg

yzf04.jpg

yzf05.jpg

yzf07.jpg

yzf09.jpg

yzf10.jpg

yzf11.jpg

yzf12.jpg

trackrat963

Man, I'd take a chance on that, if you weren't so far away from me! I'm all the way down here in Dacula, GA. Wish this wasn't so far. I've worked on similar engines to this one, pretty easy to get back in good running order. Hope you can get it sold, would be a great buy for the right rider.