03-05 600RR right case cover 'weeping'

rk97

A few days ago, my case cover started weeping a VERY small amount of oil after the bike has been run for 20 minutes or so.

I have kept an eye on it and made a habit to wipe it off to make sure it hasn't been a safety issue, but the volume is slowly increasing, and it's time to address this before it DOES run my (or god forbid someone else's) day.

The oil appears to be coming out of the top of the right-side case, where the lever enters the case to actuate the clutch.

Based on this parts diagram (and the fact that the part is called an "oil seal") i'm betting #17 is what needs to be replaced
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2003-honda-cbr600rr/o/m2055#sch407016

Has anyone messed with this before? It looks like a pretty cheap and simple fix, but there always seems to be some tip or trick that you learn AFTER struggling for two hours, on a project that could have taken 20 minutes if you'd been more prepared or experienced.

little help? THANKS.

Drewbie

Mine always did that as well. It is an easy fix. Take cover off, clutch lever slides out of cover. Replace seal, replace cover. Pull seal with a screwdriver or seal puller. Replace by tapping in with an equal size socket.