05 Gixx-600

Narcosis

I'm looking at a salvaged 05 Gixxer 600. Looking for experienced insight on this generation and model as a track bike. I've read good things about this platform for track use, but wanted to know if there are any gotcha's I should be aware of.

Looks like there are plenty of aftermarket parts and bodies available for it. Thanks in advance.

Motofun352

Control Rider
The '05 600/750 was built like a tank.....good trackday bike. Not the lightest around but will hold up to much abuse. I've had my '05 750 for 6 years. 15 to 20 trackdays a year. I check the valves every winter and have never had to do an adjust, though this time they were tending towards the tight side.

Kmysiak847

The K5 600 was the last year before the new body style was introduced. The 05 is noticeably heavier and if I'm not mistaken has worse oem forks. Also, 06 was the first year Suzuki introduced a slipper clutch and a gear indicator :) into their bikes. If this was me I would hold off and get an 06+

Amac955

If the price is right, I would go for it. The technology on the bike isn't going to be what holds you back.

The forks are just fine, not having a slipper clutch teaches you to ride better and if you're concerned about weight, go on a diet!

Plus the valves on the 06/07 GSXRs are titanium I believe and a little less reliable than the 04-05's.

Good luck in your decision.

Hambone

Awesome bike. I have the 750 version and have no complaints. If its in good shape I would jump on it. I agree that the forks are not the best but some work will take care of that. As for the slipper clutch you won't miss it.