05 R6 racebike

itgbudeev

Hi there,

I'm interested, not too far away in CT. What weight is the suspension currently set up for? not that it really matters, but is the wiring harness still in tact for the street gear?

Kyle

sdog30

I don't know what spring sizes are in it, but I'm 205 plus gear and it worked well for me. Pretty sure there is a wide range of adjustment. I think most if not all wiring is intact. I removed the headlight switch, but can include it. I don't have any street stuff with it, just so you know.

MrStretch

contact

Could you PM me a contact number? I have a friend that is interested in your bike but not a NESBA member. I will pass along your number if thats ok.

Thanks,

Stretch

sdog30

MrStretch;267315 wrote: Could you PM me a contact number? I have a friend that is interested in your bike but not a NESBA member. I will pass along your number if thats ok.

Thanks,

Stretch
Sure.

sdog30

Just wanted to clarify a question I've gotten a couple times.

The bike is an 05, title says 05, the 10th digit of the vin is 5, but when I bought the bike it came with an 04 front end. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but apperently a few people have asked, so thought I'd clarify that. Not sure why the front end is from an 04. My two theories: 1. It was in an accident before I bought it (even though I was told it wasn't) and they swapped the front end or 2. the manufacture date is 11/04 and they used a left over front end when assembling it (a theory a part guy at my local dealership had).

I am more inclined to believe it was reason 1. Doesn't really matter in my eyes, but maybe it does in yours. Biggest difference is the forks are not inverted, I thought about updating it but didn't feel like it was worth swapping the whole front end just to have inverted forks. Personally, I'd rather have the 04 forks that are on there now with updated race internals than stock 05 forks. Just wanted to be clear.

sdog30

Most racebikes are far from stock. Even though this bike has a title, I don't have any of the street stuff, so think of it as a racebike/trackbike. If you are looking for a dedicated trackbike, this is it. You want to start racing, perfectly set up race bike and will be very competitive at a novice/amature level. I would keep it as a "B" bike if I could afford to run two bikes.

sdog30

MrStretch;267315 wrote: Could you PM me a contact number? I have a friend that is interested in your bike but not a NESBA member. I will pass along your number if thats ok.

Thanks,

Stretch
Pm sent

sdog30

*Nesba only deal*

If anyone is interested in this bike, I am willing to bring it to Jersey and let you "test ride" it on the track next week. Either day, I'll be there for both the 30th and 31st.

Here's the fine print:
You need to be a serious potential customer. So serious that I require cash in hand (whatever the sales amount previously agreed upon) before you can take the bike out. Potential customer to sign a waiver form and have purchased the track day on their own. If the bike gets crashed in anyway, I keep the money and you have bought a bike. The premise of doing this is to allow anybody who is interested, but leary of buying the bike a chance to check it out. You can ride it all day. If you choose not to buy it and do not crash it, I will hand you back your money, minus $250 (standard rental fee for Penguin).

sdog30

If someone is interested in doing this, you need to give me a day or two heads notice before the event. Thanks.

sdog30

Just about to start organizing my packing for the trip this weekend. Anyone interested in this bike should let me know soon.

sdog30

Okay, so I ended up bringing the bike down to the track in Jersey with me. So if you're interested at all and are in the area tomorrow (Sunday) come by and take a look. I'll be here till about 6pm and would rather not bring it back with me.

It's free to get into the track, btw. Bike will be parked next to tech. Hit me up if you're interested.