06/07 R6 Forks vs 08+ Forks

NegativeCamber

Bob
Control Rider
I have an 06 R6 and am considering getting Ohlins internals before the start of the season. However assuming my bike is in shape to sell at the end of the season, I am planning to get an 08+. I'd hate to drop a grand on Ohlins internals just to sell them a few months later. I was thinking about buying 08+ forks for my 06 R6, putting Ohlins in them so that I can easily move them over to an 08+ bike later. Does that make sense, is it necessary? I hear that 08+ forks are a little longer, so the internals would be different than 06/07s. Are 08+ forks that much better than 06/07 forks? Would it be unwise to put 06/07 forks with Ohlins internals on a 08+ bike? Trying to figure out the best mix of cost/performance/future planning. Thanks for the help.

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
Bob,

Save your money and just buy a properly set up 08+ at the end of the season. Stock R6 forks are pretty darn good, as long as you have the correct springs.

NegativeCamber

Bob
Control Rider
[QUOTE Save your money QUOTE]

Aw man, don't be a downer Sloan, I love spending money unnecessarily! (the off season is a dangerous time for that)

philthethrill

Friend of mine has 08 forks on his 06-07. Works great for him. I dont know whatbro ute you wanna go but 08 on earlier bike is def workable

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

R1Baby

Control Rider
You can put the 30mm kit in the 06, it just needs a small modification. You can then move them to the 08 later. But if you are really serious about getting the newer bike, I would wait, you will be doing the labor twice.

NegativeCamber

Bob
Control Rider
Thanks for the feedback/info. I think I'll take Sloan and Chris's advice and just hold off until I get a new bike... anyone looking to sell a 08+ R6 at the end of the season? :)

ekraft84

rewagner1;267595 wrote: Thanks for the feedback/info. I think I'll take Sloan and Chris's advice and just hold off until I get a new bike... anyone looking to sell a 08+ R6 at the end of the season? :)
Mine will be. :)