07 / 08 ZX6R keyless ignition?

Smiley

Hey All,
I'm Looking to go keyless ingnition on my 07 zx6r.
Anyon have any doing this today care to share how they faired?
Trying to get rid of everything I can on the bike.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Smiley

Meat

I changed mine out to keyless last off season. I started with taking photos and explanations and then it all stopped once I ran out of time.

The main thing on my 05-06 ZX-6R, which I think it true for most bikes, is that you need to check the wire that goes from your ignition to the ECU. Many have a voltage drop which required a resistor....argh, can't remember which one and I can't compute V=iR at the moment. Anyway, I found various directions on how to do it online and none of them helped.

You just need to take the switched power coming off the ignition and route it to your kill switch. Off the kill switch, you will have the resistor inline going to the ECU, and then full power going ....somewhere.

I am really sorry I don't remember. I wasn't going to reply because I didn't really have much good info but no one replied yet.

Joe Vital

it is typically a 100ohm resistor...but i dont think the kawi needs one. i will look tonight or tomorrow on my kawi and see if i can take some pics and make a simple sketch.

Blinky

I know the 2008 zx10r needs a resistor. I already did my research, I'm just debating on cutting wires.

avizpls

#11-A
If you can find a wiring diagram for your ignition, I could probably offer some help base from that.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Awesome link.
I checked the factory manual wiring diagram for 07 zx6r, and all the wires are the same color and in the same location. I'm gonna give it a try.

Smiley

ninjamansc;167155 wrote: Awesome link.
I checked the factory manual wiring diagram for 07 zx6r, and all the wires are the same color and in the same location. I'm gonna give it a try.
Hey let me know how it goes snap any pics or gotchas along the way.
I'm getting ready to do a motor swap and may as well do this while its apart.