07 GSXR 600 wiring question

andersoncm2

I'm in the process of changing over my 07 GSXR 600 to full track duty by installing race fairings. For you guys and gals that have already done this, how hard is it to eliminate the wiring harness for the lights (headlights and signals) from the wires running to the gauges? Is there a quick disconnect plug under the harness insulation in the front? It sort of feels like there may be a a disconnect under all of the tape/wiring insulation, but I wanted to be certain before I started peeling away the tape.

Thanks!!

andykurz

I would recommend unplugging anything you are not using and just wrapping it in a bundle. I don't think you need to cut anything. I have mine taped in a bundle and secured with zip ties.

andersoncm2

andykurz;271971 wrote: I would recommend unplugging anything you are not using and just wrapping it in a bundle. I don't think you need to cut anything. I have mine taped in a bundle and secured with zip ties.
Yeah, I don't want to cut any wires just in case the bike gets sold or goes back to street use. I had thougt about just using zip-ties under/to the fairing stay to hold the unused wires if there were no disconnects. Just wondered what everyone else had done.

Thanks!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I agree, that's what I did as well. When you remove the switch on the left side, though, leave the clutch switch intact. I did cut wires there, except for the clutch switch. At least I think I cut them, it's been awhile, LOL.

andykurz

andersoncm2;271972 wrote: Yeah, I don't want to cut any wires just in case the bike gets sold or goes back to street use. I had thougt about just using zip-ties under/to the fairing stay to hold the unused wires if there were no disconnects. Just wondered what everyone else had done.

Thanks!
Just don't zip tie or tie off to your forks or triples or anything that is on your steering assembly and you'll be fine. I zip tied to the fairing stay bracket. Like Judy, it's been awhile:confused:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Yep, zip tie is the way to go, especially if you're changing it back to street.