07 R1 safety wire

jas0336

If anyone has a picture of how they safety wired their front axle on an 07 R1, I'd like to see it. I thought about using the pinch bolt but I believe it's titanium and is a PITA to drill. That may be the best option though...just wanted to see what others have done.

stow

jas0336;61567 wrote: If anyone has a picture of how they safety wired their front axle on an 07 R1, I'd like to see it. I thought about using the pinch bolt but I believe it's titanium and is a PITA to drill. That may be the best option though...just wanted to see what others have done.
Typically everyone wires the pinch bolts together and then wire the outside pinch bolt to the axle. I would be very surprised if the bolts were titanium.

jas0336

ok...I just went out and was able to drill the pinch bolt. It may not be Ti but it is EXTREMELY hard if its not. I had a case cover bolt that I tried drilling when I did the oil fill. I finally got it after 3 drill bits. This bolt looks like the same material so I figured maybe Ti. In any case its done and was easier than the case bolt. I appreciate you guys' response.