16' Enclosed Trailer Build Ideas

As the title reads! Didn't see much when searching, so figured I would ask. Picking up a 7x7x16 in a week or two and the primary use will be track days. I plan on hauling maybe 3 bikes top and wanting to stay with Pitbull TRS for each so I can avoid tie downs. What else should I add? thought about a small kitchen area with fold down bunkbeds. Awning out on the side. Power throughout. Heating/Cooling system in a few months when I finally get around to it.

If anyone has any pics that could help spark some interest that would be awesome!!!!

-Matt

MK3Brent

Treebeard
TV, AC, Fridge, air fryer, coffee machine, comfy seats, fans, adjustable lighting, hooks for hanging gear, all good stuff.
Get a dedicated toolbox with locking drawers that stays in the trailer.. etc. Good stuff.

Just picked up the trailer this past week, looks great. I bought it sight unseen and I completely forgot to ask about the roof. It's a V-nose so I knew it would be a flat roof, but I always thought that roofs were 1 piece design, I didn't realize they made segmented roofs. It looks well constructed with heavy duty waterproof tape over the seams and I know I'll have to reseal it in the future just like any other roof, but has anyone else had issues with leaks in a multipiece system?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 22

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Just picked up the trailer this past week, looks great. I bought it sight unseen and I completely forgot to ask about the roof. It's a V-nose so I knew it would be a flat roof, but I always thought that roofs were 1 piece design, I didn't realize they made segmented roofs. It looks well constructed with heavy duty waterproof tape over the seams and I know I'll have to reseal it in the future just like any other roof, but has anyone else had issues with leaks in a multipiece system?

That's a standard roof design. Not many trailers have a true one piece roof. The older Work n Play toy haulers had a 1 piece aluminum roof. Those seams look solid and the tape/sealant looks good. I like to check my roof on my Work n Play twice a season, at the start and at the end of the season. Nothing crazy, just get on a ladder and do a good once over on it and look for anything obvious. Doesn't take a structural engineer to recognize sealant that's peeling/missing, screws missing, etc. Roof stuff (especially RV's more than trailers) is very much a "stitch in time saves 9" mantra.

Not seeing a roof vent on it so I assume the framing isn't braced for a roof vent or roof mounted AC. Never been a fan of the portable style A/C units. They take up valuable floor space and generally don't work as well as the roof mounted ones. Mini splits are an option too, but they're not the most pretty to look at (but highly functional)

First thing I'd do in the spring (or now if you don't mind working in the cold) is pulling each wheel drum off and repacking every wheel bearing and do a good brake check/overhaul. Nothing ruins a weekend like losing a trailer wheel, BTDT.

Laszlo

First thing I'd do in the spring (or now if you don't mind working in the cold) is pulling each wheel drum off and repacking every wheel bearing and do a good brake check/overhaul. Nothing ruins a weekend like losing a trailer wheel, BTDT.
For me these are more key and I check more regularly; I check what John noted above, bottom rust, etc., electric wires status (electric lube, look for rubbing, etc.), and then look at weather seals, etc..

Cool, thanks for the feed back! Good to know most are constructed this way these days. Seeing as how I'm from the Cincinnati area, this thing will see all types of weather so I'll make sure to keep an eye on what you guys mentioned.

CaseyAlbert

Perfect timing for a "trailer build idea" thread!

I recently picked up an all aluminum 8.5 x 16 CargoPro(Stealth) car hauler.

I did install the Pit Bulls to go to Barber, then failed to take our rain tires...... I added plywood under the floor, and plan to redo with Pit Bull plates, rectangular aluminum and longer bolts over the winter. When they installed the D-rings in the floor for vehicles, they welded ¼" or slightly thicker plates to the floor I-beams to bolt through.

I am trying to get ideas for mounting E-Track, or ???? How to mount to be structurally sound. I'm considering adding an 8 to 12 inch plywood strip behind each E-Track so that I can increase the number of fasteners going into the wall studs(16" centers).
I am also interested in being able to hang 2 hammocks from front to rear.
Air Con
Shore Power, looking to add a 50A circuit to get power to the trailer, then power all the goods from the trailer.

The issue is the aluminum structure of the walls. I reached out to CargoPro, but have yet to hear from them.
Most welcome any and all ideas!

Thanks in advance!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Any e-track I've had installed just goes into the trailer's wall studs. Haven't added any additional plywood behind. I just picked up a new 7x16 CargoPro Stealth and my trailer place attached the e-track to the wall studs (16 inch on center studs) - no additional plywood behind. Floor e-track, just into the plywood, trying to get some into the metal floor studs. I didn't look underneath yet to see if this is what they did.

PitBull restraint plates I've just drilled holes in the floor and used the included bolts and washers, never had an issue. Trailer place installed this time, did the same.

It came with a 50A box.

Mine has a finished interior - it's insulated and I'd assumed there is plywood on the walls. I'll have to ask about that, didn't think about the walls being aluminum - just the frame. Hmmm.

CaseyAlbert

Any e-track I've had installed just goes into the trailer's wall studs. Haven't added any additional plywood behind. I just picked up a new 7x16 CargoPro Stealth and my trailer place attached the e-track to the wall studs (16 inch on center studs) - no additional plywood behind. Floor e-track, just into the plywood, trying to get some into the metal floor studs. I didn't look underneath yet to see if this is what they did.

PitBull restraint plates I've just drilled holes in the floor and used the included bolts and washers, never had an issue. Trailer place installed this time, did the same.

It came with a 50A box.

Mine has a finished interior - it's insulated and I'd assumed there is plywood on the walls. I'll have to ask about that, didn't think about the walls being aluminum - just the frame. Hmmm.
Sorry to mislead you. The wall studs are aluminum, and the wall sheathing looks to be ⅛" or a little less thickness plywood or some other lightweight and not very strong material. I plan to pull a panel just to see what it really is.
The ceiling doesn't have any covering.

If you happen to get a chance, I would be interested to see what kind of fasteners they used to attach the E-Track?

I still feel better about providing additional material to hold the bikes. I'd hate to do an evasive maneuver on the highway, then find a bike laying on it's side......

Are you making the trailer into a mini camper, or just to haul equipment?

Many Thanks!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Sorry to mislead you. The wall studs are aluminum, and the wall sheathing looks to be ⅛" or a little less thickness plywood or some other lightweight and not very strong material. I plan to pull a panel just to see what it really is.
The ceiling doesn't have any covering.

If you happen to get a chance, I would be interested to see what kind of fasteners they used to attach the E-Track?

I still feel better about providing additional material to hold the bikes. I'd hate to do an evasive maneuver on the highway, then find a bike laying on it's side......

Are you making the trailer into a mini camper, or just to haul equipment?

Many Thanks!
Kinda both. I got a roof air conditioner and fold down sofa sleeper. Didn't want to deal with an RV. It's at the trailer place having cabinets installed. When I get it back I'll take pictures of the e-track.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

CaseyAlbert

Kinda both. I got a roof air conditioner and fold down sofa sleeper. Didn't want to deal with an RV. It's at the trailer place having cabinets installed. When I get it back I'll take pictures of the e-track.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Looking forward to it!
Many Thanks!