1997 TL1000S Streetbike For Sale

JGardy_781

Selling my streetbike I've been commuting on since mid- 2006 - decided to stop riding on the street in favor of track days and dirt riding only...

Basics -
-1997 TL1000S; I'm at least the third owner - Bought in May 2006 with 9,420 miles; ~21,000 miles now - I ride it daily to work, so mileage is likely to go up
-Stock suspension, engine, exhausts, indicators, etc.
-Decent condition for a 12-year old bike. Paint, plastic and metal is in reasonable condition, with normal wear for the age of the bike; small paint nicks and rock chips here and there, some marks and scratches on the stock exhaust cans.
-Somewhat weird bodywork alignment of the top fairing up front - the bike's clearly never been crashed, so I can't really explain the misalignment. Hard to notice in pics, more noticeable if you're looking for it in person.
-Clean title in hand.

Aftermarket Bits:

- Intuitive Frame and swingarm Sliders
- Clutch cover and gasket replaced with 1998 model (1997 model had chronic oil leaks due to a poor o-ring orientation tab design; problem eliminated
- Cooling system modification from 1998 model (relocated water temp gauge to thermostat housing, amongst other things; added manual rad fan switch to augment auto fan operation) - still runs relatively hot in stop and go traffic, but not excessively so.
- Dunlop Qualifiers (120/70 and 190/55) with ~5,000 miles on them
- Vesrah RJL front pads, Galfer front braided hoses
- Power Commander 3 USB installed - fixed the absolutely miserable fueling delivered as stock.
- Recently replaced 1997 5-spring clutch with a 2002 TLR 6-spring clutch with a Barnett clutch pack and springs (early clutches were weak and slipped under hard acceleration; the 6-spring does the same thing)
- Lots of other small things replaced over time as they've worn or gotten damaged - fasteners, barends, grips, etc. Nothing major.

Pics here: http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/JasonGardy/Tl1000S/

Basically, a reasonably clean, mostly original TLS.

Asking $3,000 - Located in Northern Virginia (22153). Can cart it to Mid-Atlantic events, especially if I'm going to be riding...