1999 SV 650 Heavily Modified Street or Beginner Track Bike

ken_618

At many esteemed CR’s and other Nesbian’s urging, I’ve upgraded to a more competent track machine and bought Murf’s 600RR. Now with a bike less likely to tolerate my ham-fisted antics, I’m sure I’ll smack of a real hack now. But I digress…

I now have to get rid of my trusted and reliable SV 650. I am the original owner, have a clean title and mileage is currently 16K and change on the clock. Here’s the list of upgrades:

Track Stuff

Fully adjustable Ohlins shock (2 springs)
Race Tech emulators in fork with stiffer springs
Vesrah brake pads
Galfer braided lines
Two Bros exhaust (full pipe)
K&N filter & jet kit
Suburban Machinery bars (supposed to emulate clip ons)
Gearing – 3 teeth larger rear sprocket
Rosmoto adjustable rear sets
Pirelli Supercorsa Pros with some life left in them
Aluminum frame sliders
Suzuki rear swingarm stand (pad variety)

Street Stuff:

Corbin seat (VERY comfortable)
Targa fairing
Targe rear cowel
Napolean bar end mirrors
Tank Bra
Radiator guard
Chase Harper magnetic expandable tankbag (well used but still in very good shape)
Chase Harper soft saddlebags (never been used)
All original stock components (foot controls, mirrors, handlebars, shock, sidestand, seat & passenger pad & grab rail)

The suspension work was done by 4&6 and the bike has been serviced by Turn One since I became a Nesbian. Joe installed a new OEM clutch prior to the last Gingerman outing, so it only has 2 track days on it.

I have changed the fluids religiously and the brake fluid, oil and filter were done before Gingerman too.

Right now the bike is set up for the track, but all of the street stuff is going with it. I’ve been told I should return it to stock and sell it as a low mileage example in very good condition and then hock the bolt on upgrades for extra dough, but I don’t have the inclination to do so. So, $2750 firm takes everything.

Here’s the bike in street trim or visit Matt G’s photo archives for more pics of the bike (Beginner #618).

I’m located in the Chicago suburbs. Send me a private message or call seven-seven-three-five-two-zero-three-four-two-five with inquires.