1999 Yamaha R6 Track only

My son has decided to sell his R6 track only bike. It has a brand new battery. I will post later with details about upgrades, and add more photos. It will be going to VIR June 12 if you want to take a look, or pick it up. Asking 1800.00. Ignition key damaged, so it has a simple pushbutton switch for on/off. It was GP shift, but we switched it back to standard. Tires are fair, lots of tread left on the crown, edges scrubbed in nicely.

Gorecki

Looks like an awesome starter bike! I would have been all over that a year ago. Free bumpity anyway. ;)

Gorecki;191870 wrote: Looks like an awesome starter bike! I would have been all over that a year ago. Free bumpity anyway. ;)
Thanks! It was the steed of another Nesbian who used #74 and was an I group rider, so I think it's a well sorted out machine, rather than a pure beginner bike.

I just uploaded some photos and a short video of the bike. I am planning on taking this bike to VIR North on June 12, but if you like it and want it before then, that's cool too. Here's a link to the photos and video:

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii190/thenabokovs/Track%20bike/

Chris

PS - The link works! Hooray for me!

^ Yes. New battery, oil and filter, spark plugs, the ignition mod, some carb tuning (needed very little actually). Removed various stickers (Racer X, #74 in three places). Just needs a loving home. I can't afford it or it would be mine pronto, unless i manage to sell my Sabre and the 86 Ninja 600. Almost forgot, it is already safety wired too. Has braided stainless hose up front.

Bump for a great ride. My son was chasing the orange shirts with this thing on his intro ride at VIR North. Wish I could say the same . . .

timmah1991

I hate to be a threadcrapper, but didn't you buy it for like 1000ish? I might be wrong, but that's what I thought I saw the price listed as. I'm pretty interested in it, but I think 800 dollars for a new battery, oil, plugs, the ignition switch and the carb tuning is a little steep.
Let me know if you're negotiable at all!

Thomas

done and gone . . .

It's all moot, the bike has been traded for a Blazer in pretty decent condition, so 1800-2000 was about right. My son happened to be the guy with the 1000 bucks when the time was right. I doubt a track ready R6, even if it was a 1999, is ever going to show up for that kind of price again. He's not a pirate, but his momma didn't raise no dummy:p