2 Bikes Stolen @ NJMP 09/21/09

BigBird

Not my bikes, but This totally SUCKS!!:mad:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=229010

"Some where between 11PM Monday night and 7:30 Tuesday night My son and I had a 2009 Ducati Bayliss edition (21) and a 2010 Ducati Heyden editon (69) stolen from the NJMP garage. The investigation is in progress but hampered by the lack of security at the track. Today they have no cameras in service anywhere in the park. Since we know the window the bikes most likely went out the gate we could have limited the vehicles to be investigated. None of the garages get locked or secured.

I talked to the General Manager of the park and he was concerned with the theft and assured us the park would have security cameras in place before the end of the season. It is to late to help us but may help serve as a deterent to future thefts.

If anyone has any information please let me know."

Trent1098S

ACK! Holy crap ... people stealing Ducati's at track days makes me nervous as hell. I'd never heard of a theft at a track event until now.

Hope they catch the bastard(s) and do something nasty to them! I'll volunteer to join in on any "interrogation" ... I'll bring the duct tape. :)

moto_mx131

I really hate this I have raced motorcycles all my life and seen a few bikes stolen from the track and I get mad as hell everytime I hear about it happening. I hope they catch the people responsible!

Casper

Do the cops have dash cams out there at NJMP? They roll through the camping area pretty frequently. Any enclosed trailer leaving early AM Tuesday when the gates opened would be of primary interest, especially if it had NY tags and had camped the night before.

Had a guy steal an R1 out at TW a few years ago. Kid should have remembered the exit road turned, 'cause about the time he crawled out of the ditch the bike's owner and co. showed up. According to the police report, he sustained a number of broken bones and boot prints as a result of the wreck. lol

BobbyG

Everyone should have signed a waiver to get into the track, unless it was an inside job! Start at the top of the list and work down. The security vehicles don't have camera's.

There has been a bunch of thefts in SNJ. One of my engineers had his bike stolen last week, with lojack it was found inside a stolen van in Newark, NJ the next day.

Hope they catch the scum!

Mikey75702

Do you really want to trust the police with recovering your bike. You would probably fair better getting a cheap cell phone with gps, tape it under the seat and wiring the charger to the battery and track it yourself.

HECK3086

BobbyG;86030 wrote: Everyone should have signed a waiver to get into the track, unless it was an inside job! Start at the top of the list and work down. The security vehicles don't have camera's.

There has been a bunch of thefts in SNJ. One of my engineers had his bike stolen last week, with lojack it was found inside a stolen van in Newark, NJ the next day.

Hope they catch the scum!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember having to show ID and signing the waiver. If that's the case, they could have signed under a false name. Maybe NJMP needs to step up their security efforts a bit.

It always takes something bad in order to learn from it, I really hope those bikes show up.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
HECK3086;86097 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember having to show ID and signing the waiver. If that's the case, they could have signed under a false name. Maybe NJMP needs to step up their security efforts a bit.
You sign a waiver when you enter the gate...it's that sheet on a clipboard that the guy at the gate gives you. They don't ask for ID, however, at any track I've been to. Not a bad idea, but man, would that slow down the line of vehicles entering.

slowpoke

i was over at NJMP yesterday and the missing Ducs were obviously a big topic. supposedly they will be loading up security cameras at the main gate and both paddocks.

'word' was that they used boltcutters to enter/exit from another gate.

shoot on site would be my vote for bike thieves.

slowpoke

cesarpao05;86169 wrote: this ocur at nesba or other culb because nesba only race monday and every body went home monday afternom
no - it was on MOnday the night before another group rode on T-bolt (Tues).

geckert

bastards! I agree, the police should hand them over once caught so the owners can "question" them....then let the police deal with whats left over.

but wtf an '09 and '10 Ducati stolen out of a garage... the thieves must have known where the good stuff was otherwise wouldnt it be easier to take bikes sitting out in the open paddock? It just seems weird they found these 2 almost brand new bikes to steal.. I am no longer going to leave my key in the ignition inbetween sessions.

BonesDT

Trent1098S;85788 wrote: I'll volunteer to join in on any "interrogation" ... I'll bring the duct tape. :)
It's one thing to steal a bike anywhere else; Grandma neighbor will assist you with reporting the perps to the cops. But stealing a bike at a track event takes some serious balls. You get caught doing that, you got a mob of track nuts ready to take matters into their own hands.

I've had my bike stolen twice, got it back both times, but left an empty hole in my stomach until then. It's def the worst feeling in the world. My girlfriend is pissed because it's the only thing that made me cry in my entire life.

NoBull

toptaz1000rr;90236 wrote: 1 time fee of 795 ... activates when you call it in stolen .. i have it on all my bikes, cars everything ...
From what I've read thieves know exactly where you can hide lojack on a bike since it's not a supersmall device and quickly check those places and rip it out if they find it...