2000 SV650 $4000 Cinti, Oh

dobr24

2000 SV650 $3,500.00 firm located in Cincinnati, Ohio
No Title but it is clear I checked before I bought it. I have owned this bike since 2008. The bike is a solid race bike. I completely tore the entire bike apart in the winter of 2009 and rebuilt the entire thing. All bearings were replaced. The motor is a Spears motor with a 1mm overbore. All seals and bearings were replaced. This was built to last a long time, it has all the bells and whistles. I have the receipts for the rebuild and would be happy to provide additional information on the motor. Shock is a Penske 8987 which was rebuilt by Traxxion in 2009. It is sprung for a 220# rider plus gear. Front forks are stock and were redone with intiminators and 1.0 springs, 15 weight oil. The oil was refreshed last year. Present body work is GSXR and has been down a few times but is very usable and will all mount up to race. Still looks like a 6-7 out of 10. At some point it will need a new fairing stay if you want to keep using the GSXR bodywork but I have run it as is at trackdays and raced it with no problems it is just safety wired together on one of the stanchion supports. Motor is fresh. I only raced it one weekend and one lap before I broke my leg at Grattan in 2010. I sat out in 2011 and did two track days that year. I did about four trackdays last year. That is all the time on the motor since rebuild. I would be happy to give the specs on the motor just contact me. Bike has a newer set of slicks mounted, we can negotiate for additional new tires I have in stock. I also have two additional full sets of SV bodywork and a fairing stay that will go with the bike. I have a slipper clutch that I will sell for an additional $500. It is the good Yoyodyne model and works perfectly. I can include a set of tire warmers if needed at a negotiated price.
Equipment:
Woodcraft clip ons and rearsets.
Shift light programmed to light 500rpm before shift point
RSC steering damper
HMF full exhaust
Penske rear shock (sprung for 220#)
Intiminator’s rebuilt by Greg Spears for racing in front forks with 1.0 springs and 10w oil.
520 conversion
K&N air filter
Keyless ignition and gas cap
New battery
Woodcraft alternator cover
15/45 gearing Vortex sprockets
Daytona temperature gauge
XT Ultra Lap timer
Broken in on Dyno Oil, full synthetic since. Oil changed every other trackday
Jetted for pump gas, could run race fuel with new jetting.
Brand new clutch frictions and plates when rebuilt.
Presently fully winterized, tires stored in heated basement.
This motor would really run great with flat slides and a good dyno tune.

If the bike does not sell I may be interested in parting it out as the sum of the parts is worth much more than what I am asking.
D0CCE2AD-085A-40F8-8799-64BE11374B63-1692-000001219ACF7166.jpg

20A13E26-E218-48E1-B377-464D66CB2A4A-1692-00000121965E67E8.jpg

1DF74FAE-2866-40D1-82CB-6CBCADB4C4F4-1692-000001219247FA08.jpg

65074D76-42C0-48B4-BCE4-D4EC32C533CF-1692-000001218D135A7B.jpg

9A5A81A3-453C-4A7F-A32B-B5CB3D8C4685-1692-000001218846562A.jpg

JGardy_781

Totally unrelated question ( but worth a bump for your bike ) - do you find that the hooks and fixtures stay put on that modular track strip up on the wall when you travel? Getting ready to put some of that in my trailer with the rectangular mesh bag-looking things to get some elevated storage space for clothes, gloves and the like, and have been thinking about how to secure them - maybe it's not such a big deal if you're hanging a stand from them...

dobr24

The hooks and fixtures do stay put very well. I use the bags also and nothing falls out. My stuff is Gladiator brand from Lowes and when I mounted it I made sure to get fasteners into the trailer ribs.

Now buy my damn bike :)

JGardy_781

dobr24;262785 wrote: The hooks and fixtures do stay put very well. I use the bags also and nothing falls out. My stuff is Gladiator brand from Lowes and when I mounted it I made sure to get fasteners into the trailer ribs.

Now buy my damn bike :)
Thanks, man - now back to your regularly-scheduled program...

V/R
Jason

dobr24

Nobody wants a race ready competitive SV for next year?

Seriously a question though. I have had two people offer to buy the bike but they want to pay using Paypal? They are going to come and get the bike but this does not seem legit to me thoughts?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Be careful, but one advantage for buyers is the ability to credit card the purchase. Otherwise they would have to front the cash on a non-titled bike. Not saying it's legit, but that would be a possible reason.

dobr24

What peaked my suspicion was the buyer wanted a description of the bike and was asking questions that obviously showed he did not read the ad. I would be happy to give out VIN# if anyone is interested and wants to run it.

madriders86

I use paypal all the time. All it is is a 3rd party service that people use for convenience and to protect their credit card information. You link it to your bank account and you can ensure that you've received payment before you give them the bike.

Nice bike.

I'd be interested in some SV bodywork if you are interested in selling a set separately. My bike is a 2002.

dbakerpa

Paypal is a good bet, I sell bikes with it. Hold the bike with a good 25-50% down on PP then take cash for the rest at pick up. That gives the first half time to clear paypal.