2000 Yamaha VMAX, $4000, Camp Lejeune NC

** Sold Sold Sold **

This bike is the iconic VMAX cruiser. I have the clean, clear NC title in hand. I purchased the bike on a whim from the old Britt Motorsports in Jacksonville, NC when they held a motorcycle auction in March 2010. This bike currently has 21,671 miles, and I've only put ~600 miles on it since the purchase. The bike was in good condition when I bought it and I have not crashed, dropped, or tipped over the bike. It is not perfect – it is a 12 year old motorcycle – but I think it is an average example. I am selling the bike because I want something a little less cruiser-oriented. I have a persistent neck injury which makes race bike ergonomics no longer tolerable for me (which is why I'm also selling my R6) but still I would prefer to find something a bit lighter and sportier than the cruiser.

The bike has a few modifications and aftermarket products, including: SuperTrapp exhaust, drag bars, low profile turn signals front and rear, and custom seat cover. The bike currently has Dunlop tires with about 200 miles on them (I can't recall the model). The front forks were re-done in September 2011 with new Progressive fork springs; obviously the fork oil and seals were replaced also. The carburetors were overhauled late in 2010 and a cracked carburetor diaphragm cover was replaced summer 2011.

Priced at $4000 - Kelly Blue Book suggested value is ~$4225 so I'm pretty firm on my price of $4000. I am only interested in cash at this time. Test rides may be offered for appropriately credentialed riders who can demonstrate they are serious and not looking for a joyride. I will respond to inquiries by email if desired – please PM me with your email address if you have questions.

snikwad

old britt ms, what happened to them, if you dont mind me asking, havent been to actionville in years.

I don't know the whole story about Britt Motorsports, but they had some pretty poor business practices for a few years (when Marines were coming back from Iraq with a lot of money in their pockets) and their reputation took a tremendous beating. I think they tried to clean house to some extent, but the damage was done and they really couldn't regain any trust. They also had a brush with the law and some dismissed charges related to alleged improper title work on some of their custom rebuilds - gave people the impression they had a chop shop running out back (of their Wilmington location I think). Last year (I think it was last year - time flies) they finally sold out and left Jacksonville altogether.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
The new dealership that replaced them are not any better. I had to have them fix the tail of my bike when I got rear ended coming on base. So, I went with a Hotbodies undertail (That fits surprisingly well despite reputation) because it looked better, and was a fraction of the cost of OEM parts. Of course, it's got LED turn signals instead of regular bulbs. They couldn't figure out why my turn signals didn't work. After I said screw it, I'll fix it myself, I tore it apart later that night only to re-connect the wires to the flasher relay, then added a resister so they would blink normally. Says a lot that a guy like me had to fix what the "techs" at the bike shop couldn't. I won't even get into on how my (black) bike was COVERED in grease after it looked like a monkey just got done finger fucking it for 2 months straight. Really? Don't even have enough pride in your work to at least wipe the bike off after you're done? I ain't asking for a freaking full detail here...

They also sold one of my guys a bike a few weeks ago. He doesn't have a M/C license. He doesn't know how to ride. He doesn't know how to drive a stick shift vehicle. He bought the bike on a total whim, if you're wondering...nobody knew he was buying a bike (Not even his wife...)

Nuttin' but a bunch of turds over there.

Sorry to derail your thread...good luck selling your bike(s)!

vice

Otto Man;228060 wrote: They also sold one of my guys a bike a few weeks ago. He doesn't have a M/C license. He doesn't know how to ride. He doesn't know how to drive a stick shift vehicle. He bought the bike on a total whim, if you're wondering...nobody knew he was buying a bike (Not even his wife...)

!
almost any dealer would do that. in nc all you have to have to purchase a motorcycle is a drivers license. granted respectable dealers will try to influence your decision buying a bike, after they have talked to you and learned about your prior riding experience. the dealer should of offered to deliver and for the buyer to take the msf course. other than that, a sale is a sale, only so much you can do.

images