2001 GSXR 750 Race bike for sale $3400 firm

luigic81

Sorry, here is the info

Up for sale is my 2001 Gixxer 750 track bike. The bike has the following aftermarket parts

Vortex clip-on handlebars
New Renthal sprockets and gold DID chain 520 conversion

Hyper pro steering damper (This is the best damper on the market IMO)
Pro-tek rear sets(up and back from stock, I forget how many inches)
Stomp grip on the tank
Vortex side covers
Frame sliders
Hotbodies race plastic
Fork internals by Traxxion Dynamics
Penske triple clicker rear shock
Hindle full exhaust system
Power Commander
Steel braided brake lines and EBC HH sintered pads
Brand new battery

It currently has Dunlop superbike slicks on it, with a 195 rear, these tires have about 2 track days on them, still lots of life

This bike was professionaly maped, I have the dyno, it puts down 130hp to the rear wheel
I bought this bike from a WERA racer in 2004, I did not race it, I rode track days only. I went to about 7 days in '04, about 10 days in '05, and from '06-now was only about 4 track days. I haven't rode it much sinced I moved here. I am getting out of the sport and into dirt, so I also have gear etc. for sale. The is perfect condition mechanically, has the usual cosmetic stuff you would expect for a 2001 track bike. $3400

This bike has no title, it would just be a bill of sale. email for more pics if your serious. Possible trade for newer dirt bike...
Call with any questions
503-840-5838 David

luigic81

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IR6X1674.jpg

rk97

what are your height & weight? I may be interested in some gear. the suit size couldn't hurt, but i find them to be so inconsistent that height/weight tend to work better. thanks.

TheFleshRocket

I'm in Carbondale, IL. I'm working with a budget of around $3500, which I strongly suspect wouldn't be enough to cover the cost of the bike and shipping.

That said, let me ask. Does the bike have any transmission problems? I forget the details, but I remember that the earlier 750s after the turn of the century had problems falling out of gear--second, I believe. (I think it's even a sticky on Gixxer.com.) I assume if this bike was a serious race bike, the trans was probably disassembled and the "weak" parts replaced with better ones, but figured I'd ask if you noticed any issues.

(I ask because I had an '01 GSX-R600 track bike with tranny problems and I had to R&R the trans three times to finally get it fully sorted out.)

JayhawkInDC

I believe that problem was solved by 01. I think it was only the 2000 750 that suffered from that, and a hiccup in the throttle. I could be wrong though!

luigic81

The tranny is tight, never had any mechanical probs with the bike.

I dont check this forum everyday so for a faster response give me an email or call. We can work something out on the shpping. Why dont you get a few quotes and let me know how much it is. My zip code is 97123 Hillsboro, Oregon. We'll see if we cant come in around $3500 shipped to your house....?
Saia is a good shipping company I know, I'm sure there are others, let me know what you find