2003 Haulmark 6x12 trailer

jqd748

I haven't posted here for a while, but bad luck is forcing me to liquidate a few items. I bought this trailer about 5 years ago and since added a few items. Not much done to the interior but I added vinyl tiles and a wood bench, I'll add some pics of the interior soon. Two years ago I added E-brakes and had the axle serviced at that time. I also replaced the jack as well. Last year I replaced the tires and have not used it since. This trailer has the extra 6" of height and is well made. I am not able to tow or deliver it as I sold my SUV as well. Title in hand.

I'm located in Beaufort, SC (30 min north of Savannah, GA)

Looking for $1800
reply or PM or email to jqd02r1 @ gmail

Thanks for looking,
John

jqd748

smoothcriminal;186610 wrote: what is tongue weight, unloaded weight, and gross vehicle weight?
From my title, the empty weight is 1343 lbs. I'll get the rest of the info from the trailer tomorrow when I swing by the storage lot.
thanks

jqd748

smoothcriminal;186610 wrote: what is tongue weight, unloaded weight, and gross vehicle weight?
The placard on the trailer says 2980 GVWR, I can't read the tongue weight but it's a standard 2" ball so I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 700 - 1000lbs tongue weight?

John

smoothcriminal

wow, that's really high. that requires a class 3 or 4 hitch I think. does it say what class hitch you need? I'm thinking the tongue weight is probably closer to 200lbs. My car is ok to pull 4500lbs of braked load, but I can't do more than 200lbs tongue weight is why I ask.

jqd748

smoothcriminal;186897 wrote: wow, that's really high. that requires a class 3 or 4 hitch I think. does it say what class hitch you need? I'm thinking the tongue weight is probably closer to 200lbs. My car is ok to pull 4500lbs of braked load, but I can't do more than 200lbs tongue weight is why I ask.

You are right, I went back to the paperwork from the trailer and here is all the stuff they list for this particular model.

Model: CB6X12DS2

Hitch ball size: 2"
Hitch Weight: 165 lbs

Curb weight: 1340 lbs
GVWR: 2980 lbs
Payload capacity (avg): 1640 lbs

I don't know what kind of car you intend to pull with, but I pulled it with a FORD Explorer, then a Toyota Sequoia 4.7L with no problems. The only reason why I added the brakes was to make it easy for my wife to drive it when she helped me drive across the country.

I'll PM you my number if you want to call me.

thanks
John