2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 - PA - $2500

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I'll try to list everything I can think of about the bike here. If you have any specific questions or things I missed, please don't hesitate to ask. Selling the bike because I just signed a contract on a house, have a baby coming in October, and I am taking summer classes to finish my MBA by December. Between all of that not much time to ride.

Bike:
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636
-Mileage: 5628
-Title: I have the original title in hand, but will never be rideable on the road due to scratches on frame

History:
Bike was originally from Washington St where the original owner wrecked it and decided to turn it into a track bike. Some college kid here in PA bought it thinking he was going to convert it back to a street bike until his dad found out and made him sell it. I bought it from him in 2008 as my first track bike and have been riding it since. I wrecked the bike 3 times over the past 3 years on the track. First wreck was in 2009 and was a slow low side at BeaverRun. Needed bodywork and a couple extraneous parts. Second wreck was an even slower low side at Summit Point in the Fall 2009. Needed only a new peg and frame slider. Third wreck was Fall 2010 and I went down pretty fast at NJMP. The bike took a pretty hard fall, but I spent this past winter replacing all the necessary part (gas tank, subframe, bodywork, clip ons, pegs, air duct, etc).

As far as I can tell, the bike is 100% rideable. I have had no issues with it starting right up. Even after sitting all winter, I put the new gas tank on and fired right up which I was not expecting. This bike is a tank and has never given me any issues.

Setup:
-Bike is completely stock except for specific items called out in section below
-Oil changed every other track weekend (usually 2-4 trackdays)
-Suspension is setup for 190 lb rider plus gear, but you would obviously want to get that changed to your weight
-Vesrah RJL brake pads with 3 sessions on them, basically brand new
-New tank
-New subframe
-New bodywork
-New left rearset (right rearset is a little bent from 2nd wreck, but I have rode with it for over a year and had no issues)
-New airduct assembly
-Newer set of DOT tires with at least a day or two of NESBA A pace let on them. If you are just starting out in B group, you can probably get 3-4 days.
-Replaced bodywork. I bought the bodywork expecting to get Hotbodies but it is def not Hotbodies. It seems to be better quality, so the only thing I can think is it is Sharkskinz which is a great product (expensive if you buy new).
-Bike is safety wired almost to WERA/CCS specs, but definitely NESBA A group.

Extras/Upgrades:
-Replaced OEM front master cylinder with 2009 R6 master cylinder. This is an unbelievable upgrade in braking. I was amazed at how much more firm and consistent the brakes got with this change. Even if you don't buy my bike, look at this upgrade as a must!!
-Woodcraft clip ons
-Keyless vortex gas cap
-Keyless ignition (I had issues with the ignition [key was loose and would vibrate to off position when riding. Not good when you are doing 150 down the straight and the bike just shuts off on you] when I bought it, so I just pulled it out and had a buddy of mine who is an electrical engineer on tanks re-wire everything. It has simple switch mounted on the left handle bar to run on/off, no key required)
-Scott's Steering Damper
-Extra front fender and rear hugger laying around
-Speed bleeders
-K&N air filter (refreshed 2 seasons ago, so probably needs done again)
-Woodcraft left case cover
-Muzzy exhaust - is dented from a couple of wrecks, but has no leaks and works great.

That is all I can think of for now. The bike cannot be ridden on the street due to some small scratches in the frame. So I'll give you the title but don't plan on trying to ride this on the road, track only. This bike is an absolute awesome starter bike.

In addition to the bike, I have some other items that I'll be selling separately since I won't need them without the bike. If you buy the bike I'll give you first shot at them as well:
-Motorcycle stands (you'll need these) - $50 - Not a name brand, had some guy that made them on the side. They are not name brand but I used them for 2 years w/o any issues. Plus at $50 for both front and rear you can't go wrong
-Suzuka Dual Temp Tire warmers - $225 - Work as expected, I've had no issues.
-2 sets of take-off tires. - $140/set, $250 for both - 1 set has 1 track day on them and the other is basically brand new.

This is everything I can think of. Let me know if there is any questions you still have. Now that the bike has bodywork, I am asking $2500 for the bike which from what I've seen is a good deal for a ready-to-go bike since I see most going for $2700-3200 price range.

In the pictures I tried to take shots of the overall bike as well as a couple of dings it has. Some notes about some of the pics:

Link to pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/nate.klinedinst/2003Kawasaki636ForSale?authkey=Gv1sRgCJDA6P6p4caIvgE&feat=directlink

1. There is a pic of the ignition on/off switch on the left clip on
2. There is a pic of the R6 front master cylinder
3. Mileage is 5628. I think I bought it with about 3000 miles on it, so approximately 2600 track miles give or take.
3. Ding pics: Muzzy exhaust dents, small scratches on frame, small tear in seat, small scratch on tank

Skulls on the bodywork was not my idea, it came that way. :)

Shoot me a PM with any questions or interest.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Some pics from the link above...

DSC03244.JPG

DSC03251.JPG

DSC03249.JPG

DSC03252.JPG

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
New price - $2300

R6 master cylinder is being removed and the OEM Kawasaki will be put back on.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Ryan95;190995 wrote: Sad to hear...
Hey Ryan, how ya been?

I'll be back soon enough, just too much on my plate to justify keeping the bike since I won't be riding this year. Plus now it gives me a reason to upgrade :)

Hope all is well...

rcr14

Now that you've sold yours I can post mine. My season will be delayed, have to save for our contract that ends in August.