2004 GSX-R600 - Ride It Or Sell It To Someone Who Will

smack28752

Sold It - Found a new home in PA - Thanks to all who looked and inquired - Now I'm depressed as hell - Hope everyone has a good season

"Ride the damn thing or sell it to someone who will." Well for my track bike, it is that time...

Bike: 2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
Mileage: 4,800
Title: Salvage (in my name)
Tires: Pirelli Super Corsa Pros - Soft - One track day
Cool Stuff: See Description
Other: I bought it from a NESBA member in 2008, His original listing info is below under "Cool Stuff"

Price: $SOLD$
- Yeah, it sounds like a lot but see "cool stuff" - Negotiable, willing to help deliver in the age of $4 gas. There is some light rash on left side of the bike from low side. Superficial damage only, paint touched up, replaced rearset & clip-on...

Due to work schedule and the fact that my riding buddies have mostly quit, it is time to sell this bike. I have not ridden on the track since the end of 2009, so enough said about that. I will return to the track sometime, but not this year.

Other items for sale with the bike if needed or wanted, pricing is negotiable:
New set of Pirelli Super Corsa Pro tires - Medium Compound, Pit Bull front steering tube stand, Pit Bull rear stand (forward facing action) - Other stuff available too if needed.

More & better pictures can be seen at:
http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j401/smack28752/

Cool Stuff: From the original posting

The bike was purchased at an insurance auction, performed laughable repairs Bike is absolutely stunning with no dark secrets (read... you won't be disappointed). Add-ons (did I mention we’re talking in the neighborhood of $4k worth?) include the following:

Ohlins rear shock
Thermosman treated front forks
Scotts rotary steering damper
Sharkskinz bodywork (Mercedes silver)
Power Commander III
Yoshimura Tri Oval slip-on (slight nickel sized dent on the inside portion)
Vortex rear sets
Woodcraft billet aluminum stator cover
Galfer wave rotors
Woodcraft clip-on’s
Woodcraft frame sliders
520 gold chain conversion (15/45 Vortex sprockets & all new)
Vortex gas cap
Stainless steel brake lines
Billet aluminum adjustable brake and clutch levers
Gilles chain adjusters
Pirelli Super Corsa Pros

Vesrah front brake pads
BMC air filter
Vortex (I believe) upper fairing stay
Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen
TechSpec - Snake Skins

Thumb preload adjusters (newly added)

Bike is professionally sprung for a 175lb pilot. Completely turn key. This bike needs absolutely nothing but gas and a capable rider.

smack28752

What, no interest at all? Not even a good low ball offer to start things off? Something like: "Steve, I will trade you my '93 Chevy Cavalier that only has a 187K miles on it," or "I'll give you $1,200 and a bag of chips for it."

This really is a nice bike. If you are interested, throw a number out or send me a message and so we can talk. You won't hurt my feelings!!

If someone has a nice dual sport out there, say a DRZ400S, I would consider a trade.

smack28752

mr jdm;189124 wrote: 2,000

Call me if you want to do it 847 873 9649
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll keep it until I ride again for that.

BTW, I just sold my '05, previously raced, 2-stroke dirtbike for $2,400. A really well sorted track bike certainly should be worth more than that... But hey, :dunno:that is why I am asking for input here!

smack28752

avizpls;189423 wrote: I have your dual sport.

a 2000 KTM 400. Street legal thumper! yay/nay'?
Hmmm. Haven't thought about going Orange. Send me some details & pics if ya got 'em. Is it currently tagged? Looking to trade or just sell it?

Tks, SMc.

avizpls

#11-A
I dont know....I wasnt really looking to do ANYTHING with it just yet. I guess maybe trade.

Its got a clean title (in name, in hand), tagged in PA. Runs well.....I just got it not long ago. I just had new tires put on. Not shown in this pic are the turn signals. I'll be getting it inspected here soon.....no doubt at all it will pass.

KTM.jpg

smack28752

Pre-weekend Bump. VIR's a-coming soon.

hey 'avizpls' nice bike. I don't know much about that vintage KTM but it looks interesting...

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I think the most interesting part on the KTM is the left sided kick start. If it's anything like kick starting my 525EXC was...yeah, have fun with the left sided dealio. :D