2004 Honda Interceptor VFR800 For Sale

Jonny

I am selling is my 2004 Honda Intercepter in Asphalt (flat black). I purchased the bike new from Dame Motorsports in Plattsburgh, NY in April of 2005. The bike as been primarily been used for commuting and various sight seeing trips. The bike has roughly 17,000 miles on it. I will be riding it occasionally until sold.

It has been regularly maintained and is in great mechanical condition. It has never been down and only has two signs of wear that I can tell. One is a small dent in the tank in the groin area. I will sell the bike with a Lockhart Phillips tank bra that will cover up the dent. The dent can be seen in the last picture. The other imperfection is the windscreen. It is not as clear as it once was. Other than that there are no other problems to report. The 16,000 mile service was performed and valves were inspected. All still in spec. I know this is a concern for most buyers of a used VFR. No worries here. While in for that service it had the updated wiring harness installed though it never suffered from any issues before. It also has a brand new battery. Began to start hard a few weeks ago. Tested both the battery and the regulator. Only the battery was bad (it was the original).

The reason for the sale is that the wife and I are looking for something that is more comfortable for two-up distance riding. Right now we are strongly considering a DL1000 VStrom. Asking price for the VFR is $6,000 but I am open to offers. If you have any questions please email me at heardjon@hotmail.com or PM me. Also, I can help with delivery in SC, NC, & VA. Just ask and we'll see what we can work out. Thanks, Jon

Pavrock

I acutally sold it on craigslist. Took about 1.5 weeks of it being on there, but I got my asking price. Had a couple of D-bags try to low ball me, but demand is pretty strong for these bikes so it ended up being pretty painless. May want to try listing on some of the VFR forums if you havent already.

Jonny

Thanks for the advice. I have it list locally on craigslist and on a few forums but probably need to expand on that as I haven't had much interest yet. Thanks again.

jasonhise

Craigslist has always worked for me selling my bikes that I've acquired, since you're in Jacksonvile, NC, there's also lejeuneyardsales.com . You can post there for free as well and there's always Marines looking for motorcycles...

Jason