2005 Ducati 999

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by peoples1234, Oct 8, 2015.

1. peoples1234

peoples1234 New Member

2005 Ducati 999 currently setup with track fairings

5880 miles
    Belts and Valves done @ 5283
    Elka rear shock, only two track days since refresh
    Showa forks with Ohlins internals, work done by Cogent Dynamics - two days since build
    Shorai Battery
    OEM fairings - need repainting, but are not cracked or damaged in any way
    PCIII - tuned by DucPond
    Spark Titanium Slip-on
    Clean MD Title

I have everything that would be needed to put it back to street duty, minus a fairing stay wing. Nevertheless, this bike makes a great track bike.

$5000 for y'all as it sits. I can go lower, but I'll have to take off the Spark and the Elka to do so.

Thanks,
    Chris
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. herby

herby New Member

Hi Chris, what rider weight are the forks and shock set up for?

3. peoples1234

peoples1234 New Member

The bike was setup for me with gear @ 285. I'm of the heavier variety...lol. Nevertheless, the front springs are actually a little under sprung for me because ohlins didn't make ones that would be exact for me and I didn't want to have a custom set machined. The rear is spot on for my weight. I do have another rear spring I will thrown in with the bike for a 185-200 lbs rider.

4. peoples1234

peoples1234 New Member

Oh I knew I'd forget something.

The bike is in Poolesville, MD or about 45 mins NW of DC. Also it does have a slipper clutch that I put in as well.

5. pjzocc

pjzocc New Member

Chris - have you got pics of the street stuff? Could you email to: philipz217 at gmail dot com ?

I had a 999. I sold my 999.

I miss my 999.

(longshot but... interested in any trades?) :D

6. peoples1234

peoples1234 New Member

Not really interested in trades, but you could bend my ear in a PM if you want.

I have had a few people ask for pictures of the OEM plastics, so I will be pulling them out of the attic soon. Probably can't do it until Sunday though...

pjzocc likes this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc New Member

Sent!

8. peoples1234

peoples1234 New Member