2005 R1, set up Track/Race bike, clean title

motogypsy

Description

Today’s offering is a Clean Title 2005 Yamaha R1, 15xxx miles, well set up Race/Track bike,
this particular specimen started it’s life as a street bike, then did a couple of trackdays, and over the course of a couple years, and several mods, became a trackday only bike, in 2010, It did 2 CCS race weekends in 2011, novice, and has pretty much been sitting since June 2011, until about a month ago, when I pulled it out, prepped it and took it to Jennings, we ran 3 days straight on it, with no issues, just gas and tires,

this thing is set up real nice, I flushed the brake fluid, changed the coolant, and changed the oil and filter before the Jennings trip,
bike ran strong, and reliable all weekend,
so pretty much all you need to do is put some new tires on it and it is ready to go to the track,

here is a link to more pics, the pics were taken while I was going over it getting it ready for jennings,

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/motogypsy/2005%20R1/

here is a list of mods, pretty good set up, if you ask me….

Graves Full Exhaust,
Dyno Jet Power Commander 3 USB
Dyno Jet Quick Shifter,
520 chain and sprockets,
braided front brake lines,
Scott’s Steering Damper,
Vortex Adjustable Rearsets,
Vortex Clip ons,
Gilles Chain Adjusters, and GP style lifts,(the spool mounts were broken off in a crash)

Penske Triple Adjuster Rear Shock,
Race Tech 25 mil Kit in front, (suspension installed and set up by GMD computrac Atl. for 185 lb rider)

stompgrip on tank,
frame slider,
Race bodywork is in good condition, and pro painted flat black,

comes with a spare set of wheels that were dented in a pot hole on the street, they may be useable, maybe not, could definetly be fixed,
2 spare sets of front rotors,
that about covers it for spares,

bike has been a track, or race bike for several years, so it has been down a few times, I do not know the exact crash history, but the frame, swingarm, forks, and wheels are straight,
the spool mounts are broken off the swingarm,
and there are dents in both sides of the tank..please see pics,
but the bike rides great, and straight,

This Gen. R1 is a great track platform, and this one is set up very well, is it a very good deal at $4400, so don’t try to beat me up on the price, just to be beating me up, if you don’t think the bike is worth $4400, tell me why and make me a reasonable offer, but you are going to have a hard time making me believe it isn’t worth it,
bike is in Baltimore area,

I get around quite a bit....so dont hesitate to ask for assistance in getting it to you...

I will help with delivery, or shipping, at buyers expense.

contact me through email, text or call,

duane
734-717-5478
motogypsyracing@yahoo.com

056.jpg

059.jpg

motogypsy

ok,

spring is here, and the season is ready to begin....someone needs a well set up super fast R1

come and get it...

motogypsy

Looks like the big girl is gonna be moving to Florida.....Look out Jennings... :D

thanx eveyone for the interest....