2005 R6 Track bike - Milwaukee, WI

eroedig

2005 Black YZF R6 Track Bike – Milwaukee, WI

I’m getting married and the future wife said the bike needs to go. It’s a 2005 Yamaha R6. Fully track ready and safety wired. Just replaced the air filter with new K&N high performance air filter and new NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs. Tires are Dunlop Trackday Q2 which has one trackday on them with plenty of tread left. I won't take anything less then $3,500

Front and Rear Yamaha Spools
Front and Rear Stands
SharkSkinz Race Body
Stainless Steal breaded front break line
Woodcraft Case Cover with steel slider
Dynojet Power Commander
Dynojet QuickShifter
Heavier spring in front
Yorishima Exhaust
Dark Smoke Windscreen
GPR Stabilizer

algreen

Nice looking bike.

1. Do you have a title? Is it clean or Salvage?
2. Is the motor stock? How many miles?
3. Are there any mechanical needs?
4. What weight are the fork springs? Other than the mods you listed, everything else is stock?

Thanks.

eroedig

1. There is no title just bill of sale. I never titled it from last owner as there was never intent to street ride again with it.
2. Yes the motor is stock. The owner before me purchased the bike new and street road for ~10K miles. He then converted it to track bike and I believe the total is around 11-12K Miles.

3. No. The bike is in great condition and runs great on the track. The bike is ready to start and track ride today.
4. I believe the springs are rated for 185-200lbs

mr jdm

I understand you said just bill of sale, but the reason behind is weird. If you just never titled it from the last owner, why dont you sell the bike with the title in the previous owners name?

eroedig

I never obtained the title from the last guy when I purchased it. To tell you the truth, at the time I never expected that I would be selling it as I was addicted to the track and I was never going to street ride the bike either. If you would like I can send you the VIN number if you would like to run a check on it.

timmah1991

eroedig;196230 wrote: 2005 Black YZF R6 Track Bike – Milwaukee, WI

I’m getting married and the future wife said the bike needs to go
. It’s a 2005 Yamaha R6. Fully track ready and safety wired. Just replaced the air filter with new K&N high performance air filter and new NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs. Tires are Dunlop Trackday Q2 which has one trackday on them with plenty of tread left. I won't take anything less then $3,500

Front and Rear Yamaha Spools
Front and Rear Stands
SharkSkinz Race Body
Stainless Steal breaded front break line
Woodcraft Case Cover with steel slider
Dynojet Power Commander
Dynojet QuickShifter
Heavier spring in front
Yorishima Exhaust
Dark Smoke Windscreen
GPR Stabilizer
I mist have misread this, it looked like you were getting rid of the bike, not your wife. :eek:

mr jdm

eroedig;201337 wrote: I never obtained the title from the last guy when I purchased it. To tell you the truth, at the time I never expected that I would be selling it as I was addicted to the track and I was never going to street ride the bike either. If you would like I can send you the VIN number if you would like to run a check on it.
Sorry, I would have been interested in the bike with a title. Title makes a difference, even on a dedicated track bike.

Sick

Johnny Gee
Hey man, I have a friend in jersey interested in the bike. Could u do anything on the price if he has to trailer it or ship it? Otherwise, if ur ever interested in parting it out let me know. I'd buy the shark skinz, front end, maybe quickshifter and a few other things. I have an '04 R6 and want to change the conventional fork at calipers to inverted and radial. What kind of front end is on the bike? Thanks for any input, John.