2006-2007, 2008 GSX-R Pillion Bracket Replacement

yzface

Control Rider
Have you ever crashed your 2006-2007 600/750/1000, or 2008 1000 GSX-R and broken or tweeked the pillion bracket (the one shown in the attached picture)?

Well I have (twice!!), and got sick of looking for, and paying high dollar for, a replacment piece that I wasn't even going to use the way it was intended because I have a race bike, not a street bike.

My solution is pictured below. The one on my bike isn't painted, however they will all be painted black. PM me if interested - $85 plus shipping or chatch me at a track day.

Damn! I broke mine last sunday and had seen this post, but couldn't remember where....
now I've already had mine welded for $90!!!!!

send me one anyway.
I'll PM you the info.

do you, by chance, also make a better/lighter fairing stay? I only broke 2 this past weekend.
amazingly enough, I didn't get hurt AT ALL in either crash.

yzface

Control Rider
See...I can even spell CRAZY! UGH!!

I haven't brached out into making fairing stays yet...good idea though! I will keep that in mind.

Some Guy #2 - I have only made the one piece with upper mounts for the tail. I will have to go back and "jig something up" lol to account for the lower bolts. Let me look around and see how popular that design is.

rsr

Chung bungdert
under bolt mounts

definetly intrerested if you can make one for bottom mount tails!!!
if you can i want 2!!!

andykurz

Alan, there is someone looking for an OEM bracket in the WERA classifieds. Might be another sale for you...

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I received my bracket this weekend and it's a perfect replacement!! Thanks again Al

yzface

Control Rider
Thank you Vinny and OilSooner! I'm glad they worked out for you; if you know anyone else needing one of these, send them my way. Vinny, it was great riding with you this past weekend. You were hauling the mail my friend!

Andy - I'll check the WERA boards. I haven't even posted this piece up there yet.

Oh, and the weight savings that was asked about...it's a 1 pound savings.

dpick

Got mine yesterday and it's way awesome. Perfect fit, very sturdy, still light, and does exactly what I need it to do! Thanks!!

yzface

Control Rider
Thanks for all the positive comments on this piece. I knew that if I was having trouble with it, there would be more riders/races out there in the same boat!