2006 R6 - 50th Anniversary - Low miles - $6745

jjm004

$6745

I am selling a low miles (3732), garage kept, 50th Anniversary Yamaha R6. The only modifications include fender elimination kit, frame sliders, and flush mount signals. I still have all stock parts including the rear pegs (not shown in photos). There are some light scratches on the lower right fairing. The bike has never been dropped. During storage periods, I kept the bike on stands and connected to a battery tender. I still have the original book and extra key. Stands not included with purchase.

If interested let me know...I have many more pictures.

ragweed316

as for comment on the price, i believe it is a bit too high.

also could help to post more picutres. and pictures that specifily point out the scrathes on the lower right fairing. so people can see how bad.
without them it seems a bit fishy that you are claiming never been dropped yet has scrathes? in a place that really doesnt get scrathes. so the picutres would help to clear that up... just trying to help since you asked.

nk140

I will second that it is pretty high. Suggested retail is $4900. I know book value is doesn't mean much.

jjm004

NADA assumes 14000 miles. It is difficult to price a bike thats why I asked. Ive checked other Ebay and Cycle Trader listings. I believed my price to be fair based on that information but would like feedback to justify lowering my price. Thanks.

My Ebay listing has additional photos. Here is a short cut to my Ebay listing and Craigslist.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/50th-Anniversary-Yamaha-R6-Low-miles-/290949652962?_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&forcev4exp=true

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/3846594899.html

I'm located in Canonsburg PA 15317. About 30 min south from beaverun right off rt79

If seriously interested please contact me directly rather than ebay. Thanks

ragweed316

yes that is correct you are assuming the miles but at the end of the day a used bike is a used bike. so add a couple of hundred back to the price for the miles. so take it to 5.5K. suggested, (4.5-5.3)

also having low miles can be an issue with used bikes too, low miles is great, low use. but that can also mean that seals are or could be dry.

also at the price you are asking 6745. thats not too too far from a new one. i mean its about half ish, but in the grand scheme of things when finiancing, thats only a couple of more bucks a month. if i was looking for a bike. for some reason, anything that is above 6K i look away from cause im like thats not that great of a deal to make me buy used, instead of just finanacing more and getting used.

also at the end of the day, its a 7 year old bike. they dont hold value to that degree, and i am surprised that they are being listed to 4.5K. now thats not to say that there isnt a sucker born evey minute that must have that year, that color, that whatever and wont take it for that price. (6.7) but that could take a week, month, year, whatever.

my buddy owns a dealership, and for some reason the 6K seems to be that magic mark for japense bikes. where peolple tend to shy away from.

jjm004

I agree except I believe 3700 miles vs 14000 miles is more valuable than a couple hundred dollars. Ive recieved two offers for $6000 but have been holding out hoping to get a few hundred more....

ragweed316

if you have 2 offers for 6,000 play them against eachother.. or take the 6grand and run. that there has kind of dictaced what the market is willing to pay.

jjm004

Thanks for the feedback. I am working with at least one of them. The other was an Ebay offer I countered then expired. The buyer had to ship to CA.

That may be the price but I still see all these others listed higher. I dont need to sell so Ive been debating whether to wait it out just to be certain and find that perfect buyer or just get it over with it.

ragweed316

yes, there is always that gamble.

but the ones that you see listed higher, have they sold or are they just listed.

also some food for thought, if you hold out, and summer ends, depending on if you have a mild or harsh fall, then the price will drop cause they are hard to move in the fall, no one wants to buy somwthing and not be able to ride it. and then spring tiem its another year older :/