2006 ZX6r (636) FOR SALE

physicistkev

Control Rider
Siiiiigh

I am going to catch a ton of grief for this, however, it appears that I will not be getting out to the track much this year. So, instead of keeping a perfectly good motorcycle in my basement, I am putting it up for sale.

It's a 2006 Kawasaki zx6r (636cc). It's mainly stock, the only notable additions are as follows.

CTR worked front forks with 1.0 springs. Will work for 180-220# rider. Refreshed last season.
PCIII setup for pump gas.
Gearing is 1 down in the front 2 up in the rear. Have yet to find a place where it doesn't work.
Aftermarket body work, not sure who it is but it has stood the test of time.
Painted with Krylon orange. Tank is stock black with original Kawa decals.
Steel braided lines up front
Will have new RJL pads up front as soon as I install them.
Akrapovic slipon
Dunlop UK Slick up front, with at least 3 more days left
Dunlop US DOT race on the rear, flipped it will give another day and more depending on pace
Keyless gas cap
GPR steering damper
Well cared for and maintained

I am the third owner. I know the first owner, personally, so I can account for the majority of this bikes life. Clean title in hand. No street parts, but if you had them you could put it back on the street. It was low sided, right side, by the previous owner at VIR North. You can see the damage in the photos. (front cowl right side, right side lower, small scrape on replaceable Woodcraft case cover and clutch cover). I was rear ended at Barber last spring, again you can see the damage in the photos Tail, right side). None of the damage affects the bike in any way, which is why I haven't/will not fix it.

Engine is bone stock with fresh plugs and the valves/cams were just gone through with no issues. I even changed the cam chain tensioner, just in case. Washable filter that was just cleaned and oiled. Fresh distilled water and water wetter 3 weeks ago. Oil changed every 4 days and filter changed every other oil change. Rotella T synthetic oil used. Front brakes, oil filler, oil drain and oil filter all safety wired.

I just took it to Summit, April 9, and to Barber, April 14 and 15. You can see all the videos on my YouTube channel in my signature. Bike handles great, stops great and goes great. The videos show it. It's turn key. Just put gas in it and go.

Located in Reston/Sterling Virginia area. $3500

Nothing else in the photos is included, I may be selling the bike, but I am not getting out of the game.

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

Bracket is for a Flip video camera.
IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

physicistkev

Control Rider
Gage cluster with milage (8438mi)

IMG_1357.JPG

Not sure what you mean by steering column? Are you looking for anything in particular?

Thanks,

Kevin

physicistkev

Control Rider
Depending on where in DC, probably 40 minutes.

Yes, the clutch cover has a scratch from the low side by the previous owner.

I will get you a photo of the handle bar area when I get a chance this afternoon.

Thanks,
Kevin

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
Can vouch for this bike... have seen it pulling away from me more times than i would like to admit. :banghead:

Although i would suggest to the owner that coming out to summit in a couple weeks and riding is a better idea than selling. Hi kev. :D

physicistkev

Control Rider
tomseviltwin;240083 wrote: Can vouch for this bike... have seen it pulling away from me more times than i would like to admit. :banghead:

Although i would suggest to the owner that coming out to summit in a couple weeks and riding is a better idea than selling. Hi kev. :D
Thanks Tom. If I don't sell it, I will be at Summit for the June 1 date. Beyond that, it looks like Barber in November :dunno:. Just figured I would not have this thing sit since I can't use it that much this and probably next year. The year after that, it's back on :D

By the way, nice plaques/awards.

Kevin

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
tomseviltwin;240083 wrote: Although i would suggest to the owner that coming out to summit in a couple weeks and riding is a better idea than selling.
as they say here in the sawth...with all due respect, I will buy the bike just to keep you away from summit. :p your presence seems to make lemondrop a little moody and she bucks me off.:banghead:

GLWS. Will miss ya out there

physicistkev

Control Rider
Otto Man;240218 wrote: If you want to part out the steering damper, let me know!

Nice bike!
Sorry. No parting. If it doesn't sell, I will just keep it and ride it a little. Very little for the next 2 years :(

physicistkev

Control Rider
lemondrop;240227 wrote: as they say here in the sawth...with all due respect, I will buy the bike just to keep you away from summit. :p your presence seems to make lemondrop a little moody and she bucks me off.:banghead:

GLWS. Will miss ya out there
Don't go blaming me for you poor relationship with your bike. IF you don't treat her right, how can you expect anything else? :p

physicistkev

Control Rider
Back on the market. Solid bike for $3500.

It will possibly be at Summit on June 1st if anyone is interested in it. Still trying to line that up.

Thanks,

Kevin