2007 R6 Supersport (Greg Melka's old bike)

loosewire13

2007 Yamaha R6 600cc Race Bike
1. SuperSport built motor
2. Power commander III fuel module
3. Power commander III Ignition module
4. Dyno Jet Quick Shift unit (standard shift)
5. Ohlins Front fork cartridge kit
6. TTX 3 way adjustable Rear shock
7. Ohlins steering damper
8. Full Leo Vince Exhaust (Can is Titanium headers are stainless, Can has some dents)
9. Brembo master cylinder/ stainless braded lines front and rear
10. Vortex Rear Sets
11. Vortex clip-ons
12. Set of Michelin Power One Race tires with ½ track day on them on bike (Still has a lot of life left)
13. Professionally reconditioned and primed set of bodywork (White)
14. New Windscreen
15. Quick disconnect fuel tank drain line
16. Vortex fuel tank fill cap assembly

Spare Parts:
1. Set of bodywork
2. Wheels with rotors, one rear wheel has a light brake rotor (Front primed, rear painted).
3. 1 New front wheel bearing set, 1 new rear wheel bearing set (new in box)
4. 8 Vortex sprockets
5. Rear Ohlins shock parts
6. Left Vortex rear-set with right rear-set parts
7. Quick disconnect fuel drain hose
8. Vortex clip on handlebar
9. R6 fuel tank sliders

I bought the bike from Greg Melka (Very fast CCS, ASRA, and AMA rider from Florida in December 2008. This bike is FAST! Here are some quotes from Greg Melka’s add when I bought the bike from him in December 2008.
“This machine was purchased brand new in early 2007 directly from the dealer (not salvage or crashed). The motor was sent to KWS for a supersport build. That consisted of milling the head and cases, serdi of the valve seats (did not have cnc at that time), adjustable cam sprockets and set cam timing, as well as change out the bearings to proper clearance. Complete dyno tune with custom map.

Engine:
Engine was brand new with 100 road miles then built to Supersport spec. In one of his races Greg explained that the engine was over revved and bent 1 intake valve in cylinder #1. He bought new engine cases, a new head, a new rod, a new piston, ALL new rings, timing chain, spark plugs, and valves for cylinder #1. The new cases were machined by Millennium, the head had new valve seats machined by KWS. It was reassembled at the beginning of the 08 season by Jim at Kinetic. So basically it was a good chance to have the engine completely rebuilt.
Greg Put 5 race weekends on the engine afterward, I have only put 1 race weekend and maybe 3 track days on the bike since December of 08.

Fuel:
Custom map is for VP MR9 Race gas. I have been running 93 pump gas works great with custom map and a lot cheaper.

Suspension (Quote from Greg) :
“Jon at CTR and Thermosman are the only guys that work on my stuff. The TTX shock I bought new at the END of 2007 as this bike your buying had a standard 3-way Ohlins for most of 07. Thermosman serviced it at VIR mid 2008. The forks were valved a few times by Thermosman with the latest internal piston in early 2008 and Jon with CTR did a full clean and reassemble at Barber about 3 race weekends ago. It has a .90 spring in the rear and .90 springs in the front. Although I normally used .95 springs on my bikes, this model (06-07r6) simply works better with softer springs and more preload. In fact, the bike I bought from Jensen has .875 rear. Again, the bike has NEVER had a "proper crash”

I low-sided the bike once at VIR Patriot course. It was in a slow corner and I almost saved it on the brakes, I was going so slowly when it happened that I picked the bike up off the track and walked it into the grass to get it out of the corner. Only damage was to the handlebar grip and frame slider. I have since put a new handlebar grip on it.

I have the title in hand and it is clean. I am asking $8000 for everything. I have more parts if you are interested. My names Roland Flego some of you may know me. Thanks.

loosewire13

2 track days on VIR South course and 1 day on Patriot.

Sorry for the confussion, I made a correction to the add (IN RED) I was looking through Gregs old add and realized that he had only put 5 raceweekends on the engine since it was rebuilt.

I also have many more detail pictures available, just let me know if you want them.

SeanAzzy

i can vouch for this bike...i wanted to buy it but just bought katie carneys race bike so i tried to get him for all the extras but he wants to get rid of it as a whole which i understand...but let me know roland haha. def a solid ride, ama race bike, and seen it place myself in ccs races. bump for a good track/race bike with tons of goodies