2008 R6 - Track or Race - Maryland

Canali

For sale: 2008 Yamaha R6
Price: $7500
Delivery: I'll haul it a reasonable distance

I bought this bike brand new from a local dealership in 2008, put about 1500 street miles on it, and low sided it once on the street. Beyond that, it has been solely a track bike and never crashed on the track. 5647 miles on it now. The street crash totaled it (it wasn't bad but it scraped expensive stock fairings), I bought it back from insurance, and so it has a clear salvage title. It's always been properly maintained, never had a single problem of any kind, and runs great.

Motor:
- 100% stock (even the exhaust) ... never messed with, will run strong for years to come
- Dyno'd 105.97 hp (see dyno graph in link below)

Brakes:
- Brembo RCS 19 front master cylinder
- Galfer stainless steel front brake lines
- Vesrah RJL front brake pads

Suspension:
- Ohlins 30mm front cartridge kit
- Ohlins TTX MKII rear shock
- Ohlins steering damper
- Setup for 150lb rider + gear

Electronics:
- Bazzaz QS4 stand alone quick shifter (reverse shift)
- GPX Pro GPS lap timer & data acquisition (wired to throttle position, brake on/off, RPM, water temp)
- Keyless ignition (wired to kill switch for ignition on/off, see video in link below)

Controls:
- Vortex adjustable front clip ons
- Vortex adjustable rear sets
- Renthal grips

Sprockets and chain:
- Vortex 520 -1 front sprocket
- Vortex 520 stock teeth rear sprocket
- DID 520 ERV3 X-Ring Chain

Body:
- Armour Bodies fairings, painted by Emerson at Revikar, matched to factory Liquid Silver with Pearl White number plates and side blades
- Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen
- Techspec tank grips
- Vortex V3 keyless gas cap
- GYT-R frame sliders
- Woodcraft toe gaurd
- GoPro mounts on front, side, and tail

Tires:
- Pirelli Supercorsa V2 with one day CR'ing B group in the rain on them (front: SC1 120/70, rear: SC2 180/55)

Miscellaneous info:
- Bike kept inside my house during winters and then in garage during months above 40 degrees
- Oil changed with synthetic at least yearly (I never did a ton of track days in any year)
- Fuel stabilizer always in the tank during multi-month break between riding
- Water Wetter in there for coolant
- Battery has plenty of life in it, just came off the tender
- Safety wired for NESBA A Group

Pictures and a video:
http://sdrv.ms/19FlPrw

Thanks for reading,
Chris

Canali

Hey Bo, after 8 good years on the track, I decided to retire. The last day I did was that rainy Lightning day in June with you. Before CR'ing, I always avoided the wet, but I'm glad I did that day, it was fun. Take care my friend.

Chris

damiankelly

Chris, I was hoping to ride with you after meeting you that rainy day we rode.. It was a pleasure.
Maybe there will another time..
Thanks!

borislav

Control Rider
Canali;290087 wrote: Hey Bo, after 8 good years on the track, I decided to retire. The last day I did was that rainy Lightning day in June with you. Before CR'ing, I always avoided the wet, but I'm glad I did that day, it was fun. Take care my friend.

Chris
My friend I understand totally.It was fun riding with you, good luck!
GLWS!

Canali

damiankelly;290113 wrote: Chris, I was hoping to ride with you after meeting you that rainy day we rode.. It was a pleasure.
Maybe there will another time..
Thanks!
Damian, was hoping to ride again with you too. I'm sure you'll continue to do well. Have fun and be safe!

Chris