2008 SV650 track/streetable

Gwarusee

I am located in Denver/Lincolnton NC

Throwing this up there in case there is any interest.
2008 SVs converted naked after a deer hit incident.
Turned it into my track bike last year, but started riding it street a bit again this year.
I can't afford any track time this season and have a fz1 as my main street bike now, so this bike will sit most of this year.

I am the original owner
It has 19,127 miles on it right now. Most of which were commuting miles when I first purchsed the bike.
5 track days on it.
Oil change every 3000, valves just checked 2,000 miles ago and in spec.
Front brake fluid just changed.
Vortex sprocket and gold chain installed 2,000 miles ago.
Runs great

I have all the basic track upgrades,
zx10 rear shock.
racetech .85 springs with ricor intimidators.
Both these work well for me at 185lbs
Vortex adjustable rearsets.
New q2 tires front and rear( 800 miles on them)
Rear can is chopped down and bent in to level the ground clearance with the rearset pegs. Ugly but it works.

Front brake lever adjuster dial is broken off, lever works fine just missing the circular dial that changes the motion range.

As you can see the front and rear lighting is minimalistic. I have it that was for easy removal for the track. It is basically on there to keep it street legal for the few times I put around the block.

As stated hit a deer, which took out the front fairings, but caused no damage other than that.
Has its share of knicks and scraches from parking lot practice.
Never wrecked at the track.
Not the prettiest bike for sure, but a good starter track bike.
I owe a good bit on it still.
If I am able to get around $2,500 I would be good. If not i will just continue to pay it off.

sv1.jpg

sv2-1.jpg

sv3-1.jpg

sv4.jpg

Gwarusee

madriders86;114162 wrote: You fucker!

Sadface nick.
Im broke what can I say!:doh:

I told myself this year would be about getting out of some debt and setting some things back on track.
I sort of drifted from that, but some recent instances have reminded me of how much nicer it will be if I just take a half year or so and get some things simplified.

Two bikes right now, dosn't really fit the picture.

Some day i'll be a millionare though, and that will all change:D

Oh yeah, ya wanna buy it?! you know you wanna.

Gwarusee

Ordered a replacement brake lever which should be in any day now.

Removed the numbers and decals and put on the nicer headlight bracket I have.

sv2-2.jpg

sv1-1.jpg

Funinthetwisties

part out?

Are you interested in parting it out? I could use a new engine, more specifically the front head. Let me know, I will send you a PM with my email.

Gwarusee

Pm's sent. Have decided to wait until i have payed off the loan before selling. That way title is in hand and sale process is simplified.

dirt899

I just sold one of my street bikes and your sv what I'm looking for. A street/ parking lot/ track day bike for not a ton of money. When do you plan on putting it back up for sale?
Thank You
Phil

Gwarusee

dirt899;131321 wrote: I just sold one of my street bikes and your sv what I'm looking for. A street/ parking lot/ track day bike for not a ton of money. When do you plan on putting it back up for sale?
Thank You
Phil
My problem with trying to sell the bike while the financer still had the title, was just that. The title is in the hands of hsbc bank, and would take up to a month to recieve after the balance has been payed in full.
I had a few bites but when it came down to the title issue it was a deal breaker , that I did not have the title in hand.

I will post it up for all to see, and if a potential buyer is ok with this process then I will sell the bike as soon as someone wants to buy it.

The way the transfer of the bike/title/money will need to be handled for it too work is:

1. Bike picked up by buyer, and $2,500 given too me. No title would be exchanged here. A notorized bill of sale can be made up with details of title transfer to happen if wanted/needed.
2. I will take money out of my savings and add to the $2500 to cover the pay off I owe to hsbc bank.
3. hsbc will get the payment and send me the title within a month.
4. If buyer is local title can be transfered and notorized when the buyer decides.
5. If buyer is not local I can have the title filled out and notorized and mail it to them.

No one was too keen on the steps that needed to take place, so i backed off on pushing a sale.

If anyone is down for doing this , like I stated, I will sell any time.