2008 Video Highlights

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
At the beginning of the year I picked up a new video system and recorded almost all of the days I rode. There were a couple times when the batteries ran out, the memory card ran out of space or I just forgot to turn the damn thing on. One of the things that I really regret is not getting Yank hitting the deer 15 feet in front of me. That would have been a good one.

I finally got to ride VIR North this year and the new NJMP Thunderbolt track. I didn't get to travel way down South at all this year (Barber-Road A), but maybe next year.

I was in the grass three times and only went down once out of those. It bruised my ego and wallet more than anything. It was a good year and as always, I've improved upon last year. This video is a compilation of some good passes, by me or to me, and some good times on the track.

Thanks for making this year a good one! Enjoy!

2008 Video Highlights

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
nice vid:)

I thought you were gonna stick out that first time you went off track....but then ya see the camera shakin it's head no...

great times

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Jon, the file would be 200mb if I didn't reduce it. I try to keep it around 75-90mb so it doesn't take too long to download. I know everyone doesn't have T1 or cable modems, but it looks so much better at those resolutions.

Plenty of 20/20 hindsight after that crash. I just barely touched the rear brake to try and scrub some speed and that was all it took. The grass was a little damp and the rear wheel wanted to go somewhere I didn't.

There were some great times in there indeed........

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
oh....no worries on the vid size...didn't have a problem dealing with it...in fact...was much better than watching on the pixelated youtube crap....

its crazy what a little tap of the rear will do in grass

Rick Johnson

Ooh the good times.I remember the one of Jeff giving you some lovin in T4 at VIR.Glad you kept it up.See you next season.Winter:mad:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Jeff, it's a VIO POV.1. It's a solid state recorder with a bullet camera and built in in-line mic. One of the better systems on the market I feel. It takes video all the way up to 720x480 resolution. I normally shoot in 640x480. I have the original lens and not the wide angle that they are now selling with the system. I don't believe it would work as good at the speeds we are traveling. The file sizes can be as large as 300mb for a 20 minutes session, but I can now record using a 8mb SD card. That's large enough to hold all of the weekend's sessions on one card. I use Windows Movie Maker to edit my videos and reduce the file sizes. It's not the best editing software, but it's free. Gotta love free!

I'm really happy with the unit and I'm glad I spent the money on it (~$700).

VIO POV.1

tbonehedge

Hey, that was me getting eaten up at about the 6:00 mark. Great video! Lots of familiar leathers in there, thanks for posting.

Jim,

Thanks for posting up the details of the setup. I'm going to have to look into picking something like that up. For now, it's just the GoPro... Not nearly the quality of your vids...

Jeff

Blaise

I'd rather you post a bigger version lol 70mb is nothing. My roomate has put over 30GB on our network in media in the last 2 months..

LesPow

Control Rider
Great post Jim, but....where am I? No VIR S, and no Beaverun!! You cant please everyone, just me.