2009 600rr suspension tuning

Dave S

hi all

So I know I'm going to get some grief for asking this question but I just bought an 09 600rr with ohlins ttx shock and 30mm forks that is sprung for the previous owner, who was about 170lbs. I weight in at almost 210 and I'm a mid pack intermediate track day rider.

I know everyone is different but I really feel like this setup is way too plush for me. I'm going to get the suspension recharged so I figured why not respring it while I have it apart.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to start as far as spring rates, oil level, etc? I can look at he racetech website and all that but I hear such mixed reviews that I thought I'd ask around first hoping someone my size can point me in the right direction then I can fine tune from there.

Also is there a rule of thumb about the front and rear spring matching or being within a certain range from each other?

Thanks for the help

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
Another option if you can't get a hold of Thermosman. Depending on your location it may be easier to send it to Mike at Metric Devil Moto if you are in the Northeast. I have used both Thermosman and more recently MDM. Mike does a good job and he will be at a lot of events in the mid-atlantic/northeast.