2009 Schedule???

Morph

Control Rider
Emerson;31053 wrote: i just tried to sign up for more than 12 events and i cant see that i get a discount???? whats the deal with that??
We don't like you. :)

DEraSMO

RyanITV;31052 wrote: Well, at least the gas should be a hell of a lot cheaper. No more $4.80/gallon diesel at 8MPG!

Ryan
I bought a diesel just to save money on track days and now regular gas is half the price. WTF?

DEraSMO

:banghead: at least my diesel get 23 mpg not 8.

also, i think it's a misprint in the schedule but some of the njmp-thunderbolt dates are $190 and others are $155. and the same with Lightning. which is which? no hurry.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
DEraSMO;31099 wrote: :banghead: at least my diesel get 23 mpg not 8.

also, i think it's a misprint in the schedule but some of the njmp-thunderbolt dates are $190 and others are $155. and the same with Lightning. which is which? no hurry.
All of the $155 are Mondays

betarace

... and worth every penny of it. I had no doubt when seeing the prices from last year ($150) that NJMP was doing these as "intro prices" the facility is worth every penny of $155 or $190. Great addition to the portfolio.

bmart

Control Rider
I see the note now about not all dates being listed yet but have a few other questions.

On the member perks page pricing is listed as $95-$195, but I see no $95s and I do see $205s. Guessing the higher ones are correct, new for '09, and that the perks page hasn't been updated yet?

Has the "buy a bunch of track days up front" deal gone away for '09? If I remember correctly, buying 12 or 15 days at once gave a significant discount in '08. In the current economy, I'd sure like to use that again in '09!

Glad to see the free tires gig is still going!

Excited for NESBA '09.

b

alphamale

Gas actually wasn't that bad in January of last year either. We'll see how it plays out. I've got about $5000 invested in oil derivatives to hedge my cost of gasoline this year (mixed in with a little speculation). I effectively bought oil at 37 bucks a barrell or so. I'm perfectly happy with what that equates to in gasoline.

Although I am a little pieved at the increased price (especially beaverun), maybe with the recession and all, the tracks won't fill up as much. That means more track for me!

RyanITV;31052 wrote: Well, at least the gas should be a hell of a lot cheaper. No more $4.80/gallon diesel at 8MPG!

Ryan

kindley55

Vir dates???

Can someone give us a straight answer on the VIR dates. I know the schedule is not complete. But i have looked at the actual VIR schedule and it's showing the first events in July. I have read everything that everyone has posted about the schedule. Last year it seems like the first VIR event was South course in early March. Please tell us why there is nothing scheduled at VIR until July. If it's coming but not scheduled yet just tell everyone and most of us will quit crying about the schedule.

JRA

kindley55;31189 wrote: Can someone give us a straight answer on the VIR dates. I know the schedule is not complete. But i have looked at the actual VIR schedule and it's showing the first events in July. I have read everything that everyone has posted about the schedule. Last year it seems like the first VIR event was South course in early March. Please tell us why there is nothing scheduled at VIR until July. If it's coming but not scheduled yet just tell everyone and most of us will quit crying about the schedule.

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=3567

Please read this whole thread and then everyone please give Bob a break over the schedule. This is really getting tiring. :rolleyes:

Matt H

:agree: I'm not sure which is worse - simply not having the schedule out for a few more weeks (not like we are riding anytime soon), or all of this.

The partial schedule appears to have been put out to appease everyone clammering for the schedule, and now that it has it appears to be causing even more grief.

Dutch

And this is why, in years past, we haven't posted the schedule until it was complete. I am really not sure what part of "the schedule is not complete" is so hard for people to understand? You think we are just lolly gagging around here? We are dependent on the tracks geting US the contracts with the dates. And no, no one is going to give an educated guess as to what dates we may or may not add to the schedule.

Lars

I am very thankful for all the hard work guys behind NESBA do to make it happen!
It is properly better to wait with until a complete schedule, but on the other hand people start speculating in dates then seeing other organizations and track schedules.
I just hope that NESBA has a bit more luck with getting the contracts in place earlier for 2010. It would be nice to avoid these schedule speculations. I was in the past the head of a car organization, that was a lot of work and not much appreciation. So again, thank you guys for the hard work and please more VIR days :D

I am looking forward to see you all at the track.

/Lars

mlmoore

+++ on the thanks for all the hard work. We members do appreciate all the work. When it's too cold to work in the unheated garage what else is there to do but dream about track days and complain about schedules. LOL....

Thanks again.

bmart

Control Rider
Yes yes. Definitely thank you to NESBA! I think folks are just a little excited for the new season to begin...me included.

Meat

I am the type that appreciates information given to me when it is available. So, there will be nothing but appreciation from me regarding the partial schedule. You put out what you can when you can (I will avoid my usual stripper jokes), and I along with silent others thoroughly appreciate that.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Matt H;31244 wrote: The partial schedule appears to have been put out to appease everyone clammering for the schedule
WHAT?? people on here?? wanting the schedule for 2009??? :notsure:i haven't seen any posts regarding this.:banghead:.....you must be talking about a different track org:p

Tony A

Thanks
I know it is incomplete but it is a hugh help for me.
I coach the msf classes also , and I have to have all my msf dates in by mid jan. so the having the dates prior helps me plan what weekend I'm doing what.
So thanks a bunch incomplete or not