2010 bmw s1000rr - max bmw

Zac @ MAX BMW

Not sure if it's cool posting something like this or not, don't want to step on any toes :notsure:

Just figured I'd let you all know that the S1000RR is at MAX BMW if you want to check it out (currently in NH only, NY soon). Not tryin to spam or anything, just figured some would be interested in checking it out!

Anybody has any questions shoot me a PM!

Finally got our first S1000RR at our NH location yesterday. The NY one is supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. Sick bike! Ran it on the dyno in NH as well (0 miles on it, so couldn't get the peak HP). A lot smaller than I anticipated but man does it sound sweet.

Uncrating:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-8oeXRKtVY

1st Dyno Run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YMCC5J_mk4

Can't wait to ride one! Pretty much all sold as of now, taking orders though, should be more arriving within the month. PM ME!

Drew5.jpg

Drew3.jpg

Drew2.jpg

Zac @ MAX BMW

sch2046;102545 wrote: What is the sticker on that bad boy????:adore:
Not bad considering what it is. BMW wanted to stay within 10% of the big 4's litre bikes, so far the base MSRP one is close.

MSRP: $13,800 + $495 shipping
Available options:
Race ABS (excluding DTC): $1,000
Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined: $1,480
Gear Shift Assistant: $450
Anti Theft Alarm: $395
Motorsports Paint Scheme: $750.00

Motofun352

Control Rider
Zac @ MAX BMW;102547 wrote: Not bad considering what it is. BMW wanted to stay within 10% of the big 4's litre bikes, so far the base MSRP one is close.

MSRP: $13,800 + $495 shipping
Available options:
Race ABS (excluding DTC): $1,000
Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined: $1,480
Gear Shift Assistant: $450
Anti Theft Alarm: $395
Motorsports Paint Scheme: $750.00
Get everything but the alarma nd the paint....you're gonna put race plastic on it anways.

jfmgsxr750

The contis scored poorly in the tire shoot-out done by Sportrider a few years ago. I rarely see anyone with them and I have never seen them at the track.:dunno: I figured BMW would
have gone with the lastest and the greatest. When I saw that new Beemer at the track in 09 it di't have contis on it. I don't remember the tire but was not definatly contis.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
BMW World SBK satellite riders (there will be 4 S1000RRs entered in the series this year) rode a stock bike for their first time on track with the bike recently. The article seems to suggest their times were good, though I don't know anything about the track. The article is here: http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/1360-pitt-and-resch-sample-the-bmw-s1000rr-in-australia.html In the picture the bike has contis.

I'm surprised the rubber isn't Metzeler. Their adv bike line comes with Tourances I believe.

crewnutz

jfmgsxr750;103439 wrote: The contis scored poorly in the tire shoot-out done by Sportrider a few years ago. I rarely see anyone with them and I have never seen them at the track.:dunno: I figured BMW would
have gone with the lastest and the greatest. When I saw that new Beemer at the track in 09 it di't have contis on it. I don't remember the tire but was not definatly contis.
the Conti's of a few years ago are not the Conti's of today trust me

the new Conti DOT and slick is a great tire and definitely right up there with the other manufacturers

Nashoba

I think Sport Rider's magazine review said that the RR's will come with 4 (? ) different tire manufactures, depending on local in the US?

I thought it was odd when i read it.

Fav40

Those are Conti SPORT-attacks not Road attacks.

Sport attack tires are actually pretty good.

That BMW is going to be bad ass !

rxpusher

amazing bike... just did Keith Code and they had a fleet of 'em there. They had us on rain mode most of the time, but when they allowed us to switch to sport mode, it was a blast. I have to say, the bike felt light and tight under me and almost wanted to trade my 848 in for it

STEAKUM

I was there also for two days corner working and riding and let me tell ya all that at the end of the day when the CR's and Kieth's son were our running for fun...............:eek:
Those Beemers can fly and have a soft but sweet exhaust sound! From what I was told, they rock 185hp at the rear! Sweet bike & they are smaller than they look.

MikeM

The thing definitely has motor! Mine threw down 200.01 and all we did was bolt on a full Arrow system and dump race gas in. Will probably be closer to 210 now that we have the PC5 on it so we can tune it a bit.
Not to bad for a Super Sport bike :)

Landshark

Control Rider
MikeM;128915 wrote: The thing definitely has motor! Mine threw down 200.01 and all we did was bolt on a full Arrow system and dump race gas in. Will probably be closer to 210 now that we have the PC5 on it so we can tune it a bit.
Not to bad for a Super Sport bike :)
Cheater Cheater Pumpkin eater!:argh:

Sklossmonster

Awesome piece of machinery, and improving steadily on the WSBK scene with Corser in the saddle and Tardozzi at the helm.

We've done suspension set ups on several of them around here in the Midwest and unfortunately you can add fork and shock upgrades to price. The stock rebound valving is completely inadequate for the race track.

I love the bike, but I can't understand why BMW and Ohlins wouldn't valve it a little more aggressively out of the box. Nothing you can't fix, but add it to the price if you're seriously planning on tracking one of these bad boys.

190 hp at the rear wheel? Factory installed traction control, and a quick shifter? Oh yes :adore:

MikeM

I never even tried the stock stuff. We installed a 25MM front end and bolted on a TTX before it even had 1 mile on it ;)