2011 Mooseheart Bike Blessing

hotwings

The 2011 Mooseheart Bike Blessing will be held on Sat May 21 at the Mooseheart Field House. Located at 155 S International Drive. Mooseheart IL. Between North Aurora and Batavia on Rt 31. Arrive between 7:30 am -8:30am, pull the bikes out and set up. The kids from the house come down, and walk around looking at the Harley's, we allow the kids to sit on ours. Then we will ride up to the Chapel area. The Blessing only takes a few min. Then back down to the parking lot and pack out. Done by noon.

What is Mooseheart? Check out; mooseheart.org

This will be my third year. The first year was 2 bikes, and 4 guys. Last year was awesome. I'll post up some of the pictures.

beac83

Mike,
Looking forward to being there again this year. It is incredible to talk with the kids and see the smiles when they get on the bikes. This event will give your heart a lift at least as much as it does for the kids.

Hitman954

Unfortunatly I wont be able to make this. We were there last year and had a blast. The kids would run from bike to bike getting on them and pretending they were racing them. If you can make this I would recommend you go. Its all for the kids.

and I suck at this posting pictures thing so sorry I dont have time to post any pics. Just look on my facespace page
Brent Sudduth

Gonzo511

This is really close to me and if I'm free and can do it, I'm there. I can't commit quite yet being that its a couple months away. I'm barely 10 mins. away and pass it up on my route to work. Sounds like you guys are doing a cool thing here for the kids and having young ones myself it motivates me to want to participate. Thanks for posting.

Joel

gkotlin

I can't make it. I'm so upset :( I love attending this event. But this is a race weekend. I'll send a set of plastics for the cause... cough cough..

oldschool

This is a great event and I just a new bike but I found out that I'm working in Warrenville that day. Bummer.

Wink

Looks like I may be out of the country for the event this year. FWIW folks, I did this last year and the kids (and us) had a TOTAL blast.

We need sportbikes and race bikes at this event. Not just a bunch of Harley folks that don't share the experience with the kids.

If there is any way that you can do this, it is well worth it, and you'll wanna do it every year!

Got the plastics from Greg this weekend (thanks VINYLSAURUSREX!!!!). Hopefully the 125 will be ready for the trip along with the 750. 2 more weeks!

dlockhart5x

A few days left to get everything shined up for the kids to enjoy. The blessing part worked well last year too. I believe the first year Greg K was sporting his neck brace and last year after the blessing he had a crash free, and winning season.
A little bit of good karma can go a long ways

Hitman954

this really was a great time last year!! I'm dissapointed I can't make it. The kids had over a hundred harleys & cruisers to look at and they chose to be around the dozen or so track bikes. It was awesome to watch. They would sit on everyone of them and crouch down like they were real MotoGP riders. The smiles and laughter were all I needed to know we were doing a great thing. Lets get some Nesbians out there to represent!!! I better not find out you were sittin on yer couch during this bike blessing! Go! Participate and have a blast! The kids will thank you for it, I promise!!

beac83

I'm not going to be able to make it this year. :(

If you can make it, do it. You will benefit as much as the kids will.

dlockhart5x

I know nothing official but looking at the early radar, I think we may luck out and dodge the wet stuff. And I still have the rains mounted on my 250 from Nelson Ledges a few weeks ago to keep it away.