2011 R6 tech questions

thumpin250

I need to know if anyone has a thread for disabling the kick stand switch, also after throwing on a new mid-pipe and exhaust i've got a preety noticeable hesitation in the throttle coming on and wondered if the best way to cure this was to get a fuel module, pc,bazzaz that sort of thing?

R1Baby

Control Rider
By changing the mid pipe, you just changed the air flow in the engine. The ECU stock fuel map does not match the air flow now, so you need a PC or Bazzaz to correct that. Either of them are good units. Think about if you want a quick shifter or not, the PC you can add on later , Bazzaz is all one unit.

speedster_chris

Bazzaz also offers a stand-alone QS: "QS4 USB Quickshift". You could also consider getting it flashed. Chuck at Performance Cycleworx is going to offer trackside flashing, which should be relatively quick, and I know he has data on an R6.

For the kickstand, just take a look at how it works, and what you can take off. You may be able to zip-tie part of it in the "up" position, even if the actual kickstand has been taken off.

Wawazat

For the kickstand, just connect the two wires going to it. I'm not 100% on the '11 R6, but that is how I've always done it on every other bike. I can't imagine it being any different.

thumpin250

See now i tried connecting the wires on my cbr6 and it didn't work out because it needed X amount of resistance. I'll give her a looksie and see if it could be that easy as well. Would certainly be nice. thanks for the ideas.