2011 zx6r coolant leak I NEED Help

fiedler55

So I have this mystery coolant leak, I've replaced the head gasket, thermostat gasket, water pump gasket, new radiator but I can't for the life of me find this leak. I can let the bike idle it will get up to 212, fans will kick on and it will cool off like it should. I can let the bike idle for 15-20 minutes without any sign of a leak or liquid dropping on the ground. As soon as I ride the bike under normal easy riding around town the right side of the bike is covered with water wetter. I will notice the reservoir is getting lower ill add more water wetter before I ride and after the same thing happens. Please if anyone has any idea or solution I would greatly appreciate it

bmart

Control Rider
Have you tried some baby/talcum powder to see where the leak is?

Are you just throwing parts at it or were those parts bad and others tested okay (like radiator cap)?

fiedler55

Haven't tried baby powder yet, but some of the parts were bad and needed to be replaced but I have a radiator cap on the way in the mail but if that doesn't work I'm not sure what it could be

bmart

Control Rider
Right. Diagnose it first, then fix it. Pressure testers are cheap. You may even know someone who has one.

Add a location to your profile so folks can see where you are. You may have someone local who is willing to take a look.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Pressure testers are great. Everyone who wrenches on water cooled bikes should have one.

Word of caution, though you already may be aware: If you use a the tester to build pressure and it's bleeding off but you don't see any external leaks, and you're sure you have a good seal on the radiator... stop and pull the spark plugs before cranking the engine again. It may be possible your new head gasket isn't sealing and coolant is filling the cylinder(s).
These testers are great for testing your radiator/cooling system cap as well.

I pulled up your bike's cooling diagram, let's have a look:
kit-hose-flow_orig.jpg

Definitely have a lot of stuff on the right side that could be a source of your mess. I think the pressure tester will help big time!

CaseyAlbert

BMW S1000RR with plastic reservoir and rubber cap.
I had a slight leak that showed no apparent source, but the pink residue and a slowly decreasing reservoir kept me looking.
It turned out to be the cap on the reservoir. I put a dab of silicone grease on the rubber cap, and no more leaking.

jsin38

Agreed with @CaseyAlbert. Try something simple first like sealing the reservoir cap with some grease.

I faced a similar situation with my 2019 ZX6R. At the track, I would find my right boot and shin area spotted with coolant. Once, at PBIR, I even got a nasty feeling rear end slide coming out of the final corner. I checked everything on the right side of the bike and made extra sure that the radiator cap was tight but it seems that it would still spit a little fluid out when hot. So I replaced that cap with a high pressure Graves radiator cap and now, I have no more fluid spitting out when hot.