Ducati race wind screen
Ducati comfort seat (not installed)
Asking 25,000 OBO Lets talk....

[URL=http://s281.photobucket.com/user/Afedele/media/null_zps20710b9b.jpg.html]

null_zpsed8164ae.jpg
[/URL]

maddrama

GriffinD;292600 wrote: Dayummmmm......

Let me take it for a spin or two around Thunderbolt, Anthony. GLWS!

:cheers:
If its still around no problem... lol... I dont think you will like it either... hard to explain... its narrow, being a twin, ass end sits real high. power delivery is much different than the S1K...

dogged

Beautiful bike. I would love to hear some further details about your comparison between the Duc and your BMW. I currently have a S1000RR too (not the HP), and am temped to trade it in on a 1199S or R. My buddy has a 1199 and is pushing me to make the jump. I am a short rider (5'6"), so the narrow frame on the Duc feels great to sit on. He swears the Duc was far superior to his S1000 (he made the jump too), but I am not sure he is just not full of the Italian Kool-Aid. Since you have both, what sort of comparison can you give me between the two machines? I'm a street rider that does about 10 trackdays per year. I spoke to a CMRA racing friend last weekend, and he said that most of the racers have not been happy with it on the track, kind of like you alluded. If I make the jump, it will cost me about $10k when it is all said and done, and I'm still on the fence on whether this is a smart idea or not. Both seem are great machines, but the magazines still give the edge to the Beemer in all I read.

You still can't deny how sexy that machine is.... Where is my lottery ticket, I need both!

Thanks

maddrama

dogged;292741 wrote: Beautiful bike. I would love to hear some further details about your comparison between the Duc and your BMW. I currently have a S1000RR too (not the HP), and am temped to trade it in on a 1199S or R. My buddy has a 1199 and is pushing me to make the jump. I am a short rider (5'6"), so the narrow frame on the Duc feels great to sit on. He swears the Duc was far superior to his S1000 (he made the jump too), but I am not sure he is just not full of the Italian Kool-Aid. Since you have both, what sort of comparison can you give me between the two machines? I'm a street rider that does about 10 trackdays per year. I spoke to a CMRA racing friend last weekend, and he said that most of the racers have not been happy with it on the track, kind of like you alluded. If I make the jump, it will cost me about $10k when it is all said and done, and I'm still on the fence on whether this is a smart idea or not. Both seem are great machines, but the magazines still give the edge to the Beemer in all I read.

You still can't deny how sexy that machine is.... Where is my lottery ticket, I need both!

Thanks
well it may be kinda unfair because I put the HP race kit on my HP4 with only 33 miles, so I have no idea what the stock power feels like. That being said WITH the race kit the power wasn't even comparable... I think the Duc is one of the prettiest bikes out there along with the KTM RC8 but if your going for street ability stick with the BMW. I know people that actually have had blisters on their inner thigh from the head from the bike. They are not ideal for local street riding. Stop and go is outta the question.... Ducati's are a passion, they are gorgeous bikes and possess class, but the S1K's are just down right animals... my suggestion is stick with the BMW my friend. In any case enjoy and ride safe....

okgo

maddrama;292768 wrote: well it may be kinda unfair because I put the HP race kit on my HP4 with only 33 miles, so I have no idea what the stock power feels like. That being said WITH the race kit the power wasn't even comparable... I think the Duc is one of the prettiest bikes out there along with the KTM RC8 but if your going for street ability stick with the BMW. I know people that actually have had blisters on their inner thigh from the head from the bike. They are not ideal for local street riding. Stop and go is outta the question.... Ducati's are a passion, they are gorgeous bikes and possess class, but the S1K's are just down right animals... my suggestion is stick with the BMW my friend. In any case enjoy and ride safe....
Besides the blisters you never really explain what exactly is wrong with it. Im sure very few people will ever get a chance to experience a ride on that but i mean were you not taught "show dont tell" in english class back in middle school? To be in a position to own that bike and yet not be satisfied...from my point of view its like, well who is this guy?? Your to good for a Duc? Blasphemy

maddrama

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bike. And never once did I mention I was too good for a Ducati. If you read the earlier post I explain that I don't like the bike being narrow and the rear height of the bike. again this all boils down to MY personal opinion... BUT what isn't opinion is the performance, The BMW outperforms it bottom line in every aspect. I like the linear smoothness of a inline 4. BUT the Duc is a work of art, like I said its one of the prettiest bikes out there.... Ducati has the heritage, like ferrari. but when the person asked me what I thought about the two this is what I came up with.... I think you should buy this bike :) you seem like a Ducati advocate... I will give a great deal on it...

MrK

maddrama;292774 wrote: There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bike. And never once did I mention I was too good for a Ducati. If you read the earlier post I explain that I don't like the bike being narrow and the rear height of the bike. again this all boils down to MY personal opinion... BUT what isn't opinion is the performance, The BMW outperforms it bottom line in every aspect. I like the linear smoothness of a inline 4. BUT the Duc is a work of art, like I said its one of the prettiest bikes out there.... Ducati has the heritage, like ferrari. but when the person asked me what I thought about the two this is what I came up with.... I think you should buy this bike :) you seem like a Ducati advocate... I will give a great deal on it...
Easy ... lol ... The HP4 is one of the best out of the box setups you can get. Motor is unreal, BUT!!!! as a track bike the 1199 is a gem. I enjoy the fickability of the 1199. Brakes are better on the 1199S/R (per every test done). It does have a Stickbug feel (ass in the air) but the comfort seat really helps with that. Both are great bikes and I agree if you do quite a bit of stop and go the Duc my not be your first choice. But I must say, every time I look at my bike I am taken away. This is indeed a good deal. The tri also comes in would the built in GPS lap timer(DDA).

GLWS

maddrama

Yeah I mean I agree it's ridiculously beautiful, I haven't tried the comfort seat when I did try it at the track. I only did one session also so maybe I would got acclimated. Yeah the GPS is cool although I never used it... But yeah for the street it's a little rough with the heat.. I also left a LOT of room to negotiate also. Just time to start getting rid of some toys... Thanks