2013 National Motocross at Muddy Creek

DFlowe

I love doing trackdays and my association with Nesba, but I'm an old Motocrosser at heart. I still love and follow the sport and I think it's the coolest type of racing there is. I saw today that Muddy Creek in Blountville, TN has been given a national event on June 1st. That's awesome news and it's great to have an outdoor national back in the Southeast!

JRA

Muddy Creek is about twenty minutes from my house. Ha, I know lots of people who have raced there but never even been out there myself.

DFlowe

JRA;259906 wrote: Muddy Creek is about twenty minutes from my house. Ha, I know lots of people who have raced there but never even been out there myself.
I've been there many times with my sons. It's a very cool palce and a lot of hard racing going on there.

PawPaw

Same here Dennis! Motocross has always been my favorite but the jumps and whoops just kept getting bigger and bigger so getting hurt was becoming more frequent finally had to give it up and take up the road bikes. I guess that is why I love the Supermoto so much! I loved the good ole days of smelling the 2 strokes :D and going to see the nationals at Lake Sugartree in Axton, Va or the AMA district racing at Rolling Hills Cycle Park in Reidsville, NC. Ah the good ole days.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DFlowe

PawPaw;259958 wrote: Same here Dennis! Motocross has always been my favorite but the jumps and whoops just kept getting bigger and bigger so getting hurt was becoming more frequent finally had to give it up and take up the road bikes. I guess that is why I love the Supermoto so much! I loved the good ole days of smelling the 2 strokes :D and going to see the nationals at Lake Sugartree in Axton, Va or the AMA district racing at Rolling Hills Cycle Park in Reidsville, NC. Ah the good ole days.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm with your PawPaw. I was at Lake Sugartree many times when David Bailey was getting ready for stardom and I was at Rolling Hills for a District 29 race the day Kevin Walker jumped the big jump there so hard, that when he landed, he broke both wrist. I thought his career was finished that day, but he went on to win several National Championships at Loretta Lynn's.

steve gould

DFlowe, any of you guys still ride in the dirt? If so we need to coordinate a winter ride over at brushy mtn or somewhere. Cal and the boys were talking about doing a Durhamtown weekend sometime, but it would be xool to have a local ride too.

DFlowe

steve gould;260175 wrote: DFlowe, any of you guys still ride in the dirt? If so we need to coordinate a winter ride over at brushy mtn or somewhere. Cal and the boys were talking about doing a Durhamtown weekend sometime, but it would be xool to have a local ride too.
Steve,
I still do, but I don't have a dirtbike at the moment. I've got my eye on a CR450F that looks like a good deal. Maybe... We'll see what happens.

PawPaw

Me too Aman I want another motocross bike so bad I can taste it but I know what happens when you get on one at my age!:( They are evil and will bite you so fast!:eek: I know:D:D But I still want one!!!:dunno:

DFlowe

PawPaw;260486 wrote: Me too Aman I want another motocross bike so bad I can taste it but I know what happens when you get on one at my age!:( They are evil and will bite you so fast!:eek: I know:D:D But I still want one!!!:dunno:
I'm with you guys. Sure, they'll hurt you...but everything in this two wheeled sport will do that. I'm older that either of you and I still want to go.

PawPaw

Yep you are older, but in much better shape than I. Seems like I crash way more on the dirt bike than I do on the road bike. I seem to understand my limitations on the road bikes but something about riding dirtbikes:confused:a lot in your life, you seem to believe you can still do everything you use to do when you get on one. At least I do!!:D:D I guess I am a slow learner:dunno:

DFlowe

PawPaw;260497 wrote: Yep you are older, but in much better shape than I. :
There may some truth to what you say, but with some effort, you can always get in better shape. I can't get any younger!

PawPaw

That's true Dennis, that will be my goal over the winter, to get in better shape and at least feel younger! :D