2013 Road Atlanta Airfence Fundraiser Results

JRA

First, just let me say that I am again in awe at the generosity of the members of this club. I'm not surprised though, because in ten plus years of being a member here I know what kind of quality people make up this organization. This was a team effort from the organizers, to the sponsors, to the people who made the contributions. It doesn't matter if all you could do to help was pay $10 to join us for dinner on Friday evening, your contribution was important. From the organizers who helped to put this together we thank each and every person who supported this effort.

With that said here is what I can tell you today:

We raised $11,987 in cash and checks through the sales of T-shirts, raffle tickets, previous contributions at meet-and-greets this year, silent auctions, and dinner donations on Friday and Saturday evenings.

In straight up donations I have received checks in the amount of $3,850.

The live auctions on Saturday evening raised another $18,025, and as of now I have received $11,150 of that with $6,875 outstanding. I'll be contacting everyone this week to let you know where to mail the check.

I also have a couple of other commitments from people for donations but I'm not sure of the amounts so I won't include those in the tally until I receive the checks.

With all that said our fundraiser so far has raised $33,862.

Just like last year, once I have received all of the monies I will contact the Road Racing World Action Fund to arrange the donation and earmark the funds to be used for soft barriers to be deployed at Road Atlanta.

I'm really proud of this effort and everyone who made this possible has my personal thanks.

Great job NESBA!!!!

noobinacan

What a great weekend & a well coordinated event...lots of fun.
Looking forward to more sections of Air fence at RA.

Despite the rainy weather, there was plenty of riding time on all three days.

mjkuhno

Airfence Fundraiser

Glad to hear the event went off well and everyone had a good time. Unfortunately we weren't able to attend this year, but will certainly try to get there next year.

If we wanted to donate additional $$ through NESBA to the Airfence fund how would we do it?

This is one of our charities and I typically make our donation(s) through RoadRacing World (in addition to supporting NESBA) but I think this year it would be better to make all donations through NESBA to pump up the $'s.

John - I'm guessing for those who weren't able to attend, if you posted info here of how to make additional donations we could see the current number increase some.

Please let me know - again, definitely one of the charities we believe in strongly.

Taylorr6

Wow!!! That is awesome :) . To everyone involved, y'all did a stellar job again. I was a spectator this weekend and had the chance to see first hand the generous nature of this club and its members. I saw the Air fence that is already in place, it is a beautiful sight and now there is more on the way.
I am thankful to be associated with a club that wants to make what we do safer. Great folks great times, I can only imagine how you guy's can top this one? But I bet you will :) . Thanks again. T

JRA

Anybody who would like to add to the monies that were raised could make a check out to the Roadracing World Action Fund and mail it to me. Just contact me by email and I'll give you the address.

john dot allen at nesba dot com

upnadam

Great event and a stunning amount of money raised! Thanks to all for the hard work, co-ordination, and donations made through out the year to make this possible. :adore:

Andrew G

Just incredible guys and gals. That was so much fun watching the auction. Amazing amount of money raised. And as always, thanks to all for such a great weekend!

Irish01

Without question this past weekend showed why NESBA is #1! What an incredible showing of generosity! You guys and gals are the BEST period!

What an AWESOME weekend for a Great Cause :)

bmrboy

As I stated in another post ; Glad to hear the event was a success ...... :D With all the tasty vittles that was to be had.

The NESBA Family grows .... Again !!! In more ways than one ..... :adore:

The NESBA organization & Family again shows its TRUE dedication , not only to the sport .....

But its true dedication to safety ..... not only to its members .... But for everyone !!!!!!!!!!!! :agree:

THANKS NESBA ......

Things like this make me proud to be a part of this club. I had a great time with everyone that attended the event and I was especially happy to have my entire immediate family with me as well. Now that's some quality family time. This event is not to be missed. Hopefully, I will be able to attend next year and help raise even more money for this truly life saving cause. However, even with all the great food, great people, and great weather (at times), the absolute highlight of my weekend was Sunday when I GOT TO RIDE WITH GEOFF MAY!!!!!!!! Now I have to go meet Anna and load up her new freezer. :argh:

matt2212

A huge thank you to DJ and John for letting Geoff May do this for the fundraiser, I thought I'd share a few pics

The more it sinks in the cooler it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madriders86

I'm still blown away by how much money was raised. The auction saturday night was a hoot and the food was awesome. Good times.

beac83

Congratulations guys! An incredible total.

The combined total of RRW Action Fund donations from the various NESBA Airfence fundraisers held since 2006 is now well over $100,000.

That's a lot of safer track.

gursesl

Contrats to everybody - John, DJ, Cal, Jeff, Peanut, the CRs, riders, family members, kids, pets, everyone, really. It was a great weekend!