211GPA wear measurement

rugbydawg13

What would you consider worn out for a D211GPA? I'm an I group rider if that helps gauge a good safety margin.

I wasn't getting any slipping on the last track day I ran but I've got a rear that is pretty sparse on tread on the left side (it's flipped) and just OK tread on the right. I'm about to do two days at VIR South. I'm trying to decide if I should run a day then swap it with a new one I've got or just go ahead and do it and leave that old one to shag at a CMP day at a fun 90% pace.
My cheap and practical side is saying it probably has plenty of grip and get one more day out of it while my conservative side is saying put good rubber on there and not have to worry about it. Any good info is much appreciated.

rugbydawg13

Here's the front. It is flipped also.

a6f843c9-d606-fd2d.jpg

Sent from my Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

rugbydawg13

Cool. Never hurts to get a vote of confidence. At what point would you put those to rest?

Meat

rugbydawg13;236674 wrote: Cool. Never hurts to get a vote of confidence. At what point would you put those to rest?

It really is up to the individual rider. I use my tires longer than most, but not as long as others.

I go more by feel than anything else. On my D211's I will use them until after all of the side tread is gone. But, others will throw them away much earlier.

rugbydawg13

Sounds good. I will see how Saturday goes and just have the extra set on hand.