23sep2013 at summit point?

Jrt777

I just joined NESBA tho weekend and wanted to ride on Monday 23sep but I don't see te ride on the schedule or a way to sign up electronically. Is the event still a go? Can I sign up at the event site At 0700. I'm military and ride a Yamaha FZ8. How do I obtain the 350$ credit fm yamaha? My birthday is 23 sep and really hoping to ride the track for first time. Any feedback is appreciated

CBRtist

1) The 9/23 Summit date has been cancelled. Where are you located? There is a 9/29 and 9/30 event at NJMP.

2) To sign up for future dates, register as a member ($25, good for one calendar year) and sign up for an event.

3) Military Membership Package:
http://www.nesba.com/blog/bid/284850/NESBA-Gives-Military-Riders-Room-to-Ride-Fast-Ride-Safe

4) How to obtain $350 credit via Yamaha Alliance
http://www.nesba.com/yamaha-alliance/

There is also a Members Introduction area if you would like to post where you are from and get some new-to-the-track questions answered.

Welcome and happy birthday! :)

Jrt777

Hi CBRtist, thx for the intel. Live in fort Washington md. 23 sep is cancelled. Got it. I will look into NJ. See u on the track. JT

Spork

MY b-day is the the 24th , I bought the 23rd as b-day present to myself, Sux it was canceled. FYI Roger Lyle Is riding Summit this coming Monday .

Jrt777

Ahhh okay. So another rider w same idea. Birthday track ride. Cool. I may register for roger lyles group at summit next mon. Thx. Maybe c u there. Jt

Jrt777

Thx HondaGal, I just started riding in June this year and (what a blast) hope to be dragging my knees thru turns like u before the end of the year. :) great bike pic. Once I get a track pic I will have to upload it to my profile. (Soon as I figure out how to do that :). C u on the track!
- JRT
2013 Yamaha FZ8
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jrt777;289383 wrote: Thx HondaGal, I just started riding in June this year and (what a blast) hope to be dragging my knees thru turns like u before the end of the year. :) great bike pic. Once I get a track pic I will have to upload it to my profile. (Soon as I figure out how to do that :). C u on the track!
- JRT
2013 Yamaha FZ8
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
Thanks! Don't make knee dragging a goal, though. Instead, focus on learning proper techniques such as body postition, and focus on being smooth....smooth with all inputs: acceleration, braking, steering. Forget about speed and knee-dragging: they are by-products of proper technique!:)

Jrt777

Good advice! Will do- focus on learning texhnique, etc and the rest will be a natural progression. Thx for the feedback :) -JT

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jrt777;289477 wrote: Good advice! Will do- focus on learning texhnique, etc and the rest will be a natural progression. Thx for the feedback :) -JT
Awesome, correct attitude, thanks for listening!! :cool: