250 supermoto

flyguy

I was wanting to know if anybody was riding a 250f supermoto on track days? Do you have to go out in the beginner class with the slow bikes? Just a couple stupid questions from a stupid newbie...thx

I've got a yz250f I'm building and need somewhere to play.

Burnall4

flyguy;44593 wrote: I was wanting to know if anybody was riding a 250f supermoto on track days? Do you have to go out in the beginner class with the slow bikes? Just a couple stupid questions from a stupid newbie...thx

I've got a yz250f I'm building and need somewhere to play.
Some Beginners ride at I pace...and some ride at A pace...just cuz they are beginners doesn't mean they are slow. But I know what you were trying to say.

No, you go in the group that matches your skill level, and if something needs to be adjusted the CR will fix it accordingly.

Rick Johnson

These are the tracks they would allow them on last year.Summit JC,Pocono in MA Region
VIR Patriot,Talladega GP,Barber in the SE Region.

flyguy

thanks

thanks for the replies and especially the one about the tracks. i was wanting to hit barber and talledega GP. Now i just have to get the bike ready and let my knee heal up from my last get off,

ridelater

you should check out esmra a local supermoto series. then check out supermoto junkies for all the info u will need. if dirt ain't ur thing there is link to non dirt series and td there. honestly a 250 is just to small for even the small road race coarse i blew up a 250 2smoker at jefferson and then on my 525 ktm i gear it down to 15/38.

crewnutz

Burnall4;44598 wrote: Some Beginners ride at I pace...and some ride at A pace...just cuz they are beginners doesn't mean they are slow. But I know what you were trying to say.

No, you go in the group that matches your skill level, and if something needs to be adjusted the CR will fix it accordingly.

if a B rider is riding at an A pace he certainly should not be in the B group

likewise if an A rider is riding at a B pace

speed is directly related to skill

*********that said there is nothing wrong with being in whatever group you are in, everyone starts somewhere............i know if i ever see someone in A group riding a a B pace i would be the first to say something as that presents a safety issue due to way too fast closing speeds

and everyone is correct, a 250 supermoto will be just too strung out to be able to ride it on a roadcourse.......try out www.supermotojunkie.com
you should be able to find some good places to ride on there, try to find some supermoto trackdays at local karting tracks