2nd track day- starting on new tires 1st time

finny47

My first track day ended after two sessions with a defective fuel regulator. My second track day will be Gingerman, I will be starting on fresh DCIIIs. How easy do I have to take it that first session? No tire warmers either. CBR 600 F4i

I have washed the tires with soap/water to get that shiny coat off the tires.

I'm assuming I should line up dead last and take it super easy the first lap, then accelerate and brake hard the next couple of laps on the straights to get some heat in the tires, but still easy in the corners. Around 4th lap start turning it up, cornering more agressively each lap thereafter.

Does that sound about right?

Finny47

'01 CBR 600 F4i

SimplyRed

No need for soap and water or any special braking/accerelating techniques. Just make sure you have correct pressures set and ride normally at about 75% pace the first 2-3 laps and the tires will be good to go.
icon14.gif

Meat

:agree:

For street/track tires I am close to full speed at the beginning of the 3rd lap. For cold full race tires, I will go 3 full laps and close to full speed at the beginning of my 4th lap.

I don't take the time to wash mine as it doesn't really seem to have any release agent on them like car tires often do.