39° F Sat morn 41° Sun at VIR this weekend.

fitz

What you plan on riding at night? :notsure:

It says a high of 71 and sunny, and you're complaining?

You fellas down south get a little chill when it gets a teny tiny bit cold do ya? lol

stkr

Just remember that the track will take a while to heat up. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
Perfect temps to get the group up to speed. Slow, careful starts. :eek: Rockin' afternoons. :wow:

noobinacan

Although, I don't trust weather forecast three days away. (only about next day)
But, when it looks like this, there's nothing to complaint :D

Capture.jpg

Godfather

AMAN The Weather MAN!! What up brother?? Hey make sure my boys Scott, John and Dennis the minnis don't get into any trouble out there.... I wish everyone a SAFE weekend!

R/
"GODFATHER"

fitz;237022 wrote: What you plan on riding at night? :notsure:

It says a high of 71 and sunny, and you're complaining?

You fellas down south get a little chill when it gets a teny tiny bit cold do ya? lol

You won't see that high until 3 p.m. or so. Dude the day ends at 5.
Enjoy your 2 hours of warmth.

I'm not complaining just commenting on the weather. I'm happy. Like the man said, "Could be worse could be raining."

madriders86

That's a somewhat pessimistic estimate :p

Should be nice out. I'll probably wear my heavy underarmor top and maybe a hoodie for the first session. No biggie.

fitz

afinepoint;237139 wrote: Enjoy your 2 hours of warmth.
Actually to be able to ride at the beginning of April at a local track I would more than enjoy it, I would :adore: that two hours.

So PLEASE send that two hours up north, I won't complain about it. ;)

fitz

Shouldn't be too bad. I plan to have warm/winter outerwear for after the morning sessions and wear warmer liners under the suit. The temperature may be 39° but we're talking a wind chill of around 25°.

I ride year round and commonly deal with 30° +/- winter mornings for my 45 minutes commutes. Wind chill ends somewhere in the 60 mph region. Of course I wearing wind blocking heated gear. :)

Start slow. Build speed and time (full sessions) as the day progresses.

I'm pleased to get some track time. I can't out to play again til June. :(

jcrich

Everyone also be careful in the paddock as well, a couple years ago we had people falling over just getting to tech on North Course.

I think it was mostly 46 degrees with a high of 48 at Bolt last Saturday. Still was a lot of fun. Take a few extra laps to make sure those tires are warm. And like they kept reminding us, you aren't going to break any lap records today, so don't try. You guys take it easy and have fun.

borislav

Control Rider
Streetfighter122;237305 wrote: I think it was mostly 46 degrees with a high of 48 at Bolt last Saturday. Still was a lot of fun. Take a few extra laps to make sure those tires are warm. And like they kept reminding us, you aren't going to break any lap records today, so don't try. You guys take it easy and have fun.
I agree with my brother Brian!!!
Even with use of tire warmers and two laps of warm up cold tire bite me at the chicane (NJMP)!In other words pavement is so cold it sucks all the heat out of tires!
Be safe guys and take it easy in the morning!

stkr;237023 wrote: Just remember that the track will take a while to heat up. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was my worry. If only people would listen bro. I saw 31° and there was frost on the seat.

Unfortunately the crash truck's tires stayed warm as well. I hope all are ok.

The afternoon weather was outstanding.

Reg

dbakerpa

You guys suck. I am stuck with screaming kids and sniping inlaws. ( and now gnawing jealousy)

Have a great day! Stay safe!!