6/12 A group BHF

stkr

ERB68;195783 wrote: A BIG Thanks to Jim (Borgnsr) for getting this and sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN09yYMxKVU
That was AWESOME! I love the commentary throughout. LMAO!

It's on in July. I know who my rabbits are gonna be to work on my times with the new 750 :cool: If I can do 18's on that 'ole 600, the 750 should see my times drop a little. Of course, I already learned my brake markers for the old bike DO NOT work well for the 750. Nothing like coming into T-1 with a stoppie and realizing the slipper clutch only works when the rear tire is actually touching the track. :wow:

ERB68

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement everyone.

Big thanks to all the CR's who have helped me develop as a rider.

Jim really added flavor to the vid with his commentary. (love it)

Now the other Jim, what has been done to the 750 you have? These bikes really benefit from some geometry changes. 8mm shim on top of the rear shock and at least get the fork tubes flush if you don't have fork cap extenders. My bike wouldn't turn worth a dam till I got the right springs in it for my size (think fat guy springs) but now we are close. What gearing are you running? I'm 15/48 but might go 47, we will see. I also know of a modification you can do to make the slipper clutch slip more/less engine braking.

Matt

15/48?!

I want to say overall shock length (including shims) should be in the high 320's, no more than 331 i think.. forks flush, 116 link chain, i run 15/46 on my 600, thinking about going to 15/44 or 43.

stkr

ERB68;195858 wrote: Now the other Jim, what has been done to the 750 you have? These bikes really benefit from some geometry changes. 8mm shim on top of the rear shock and at least get the fork tubes flush if you don't have fork cap extenders. My bike wouldn't turn worth a dam till I got the right springs in it for my size (think fat guy springs) but now we are close. What gearing are you running? I'm 15/48 but might go 47, we will see. I also know of a modification you can do to make the slipper clutch slip more/less engine braking.
Here's what I know so far:
1. Engine built by Joe at Turn One Racing and had 136-HP at the rear wheel (i think at the wheel). :D
- All I know is that is goes under the flagstand at BHF at around 140mph :eek:
2. Suspension is a Penske Triple on the rear, and Penske internals in the forks.
3. Brembo M/C.
4. PC-III and a Dynojet Quick Shifter - Tuned by Joe.
5. Complete suspension refreshed, and re-sprung for my weight, sag was set, and damping tuned. All by Joe at Turn One Racing.
6. Gearing: Not sure, but I know the rear sprocket is a 47. I haven't checked the front yet.

*** Pattern here: Joe at Turn One Racing. :first:

It's a very well sorted bike that used to belong to "baldscott" on here.

TheGrouch

I was running 15/44 last weekend, but normally run 15/45. I was missing a bit out of T7, but otherwise the 44 works great. Not sure how you can stand the 46....too much shifting.

ERB68

stkr;195865 wrote: Here's what I know so far:
1. Engine built by Joe at Turn One Racing and had 136-HP at the rear wheel (i think at the wheel). :D
- All I know is that is goes under the flagstand at BHF at around 140mph :eek:
2. Suspension is a Penske Triple on the rear, and Penske internals in the forks.
3. Brembo M/C.
4. PC-III and a Dynojet Quick Shifter - Tuned by Joe.
5. Complete suspension refreshed, and re-sprung for my weight, sag was set, and damping tuned. All by Joe at Turn One Racing.
6. Gearing: Not sure, but I know the rear sprocket is a 47. I haven't checked the front yet.

*** Pattern here: Joe at Turn One Racing. :first:

It's a very well sorted bike that used to belong to "baldscott" on here.
You have a great set up. Pretty much what I have but the suspenders are a different brand. (still prolly better than I'll ever be)
I got the geometry set up from Robbie Jensen (2009 600cc lap record holder @ BHF)
Remember the speedo will be off a lot cause of the gearing changes. You will have to move your brake markers back till you get comfortable with the bike.

ERB68

TheGrouch;195866 wrote: I was running 15/44 last weekend, but normally run 15/45. I was missing a bit out of T7, but otherwise the 44 works great. Not sure how you can stand the 46....too much shifting.
I hear ya. When I got the bike I it came with 15/48 and I felt the same way, too much shifting. So I went to 15/45 and liked it. This spring I decided to give the 48 another try since it came so highly recommended by the previous owner. I got the bike from Johnny LaConte and he was 4+ seconds faster than me so I thought there might be something to this shifting thing.:dunno:

stkr

There's no need to move brake markers Ed. I just have to brake a LOT harder if I want to make the turn. :haha:

FYI: I'm joking. I already figured that out after about 3 laps with that bike. Holy crap is this a whole different bike.

ERB68

stkr;195871 wrote: There's no need to move brake markers Ed. I just have to brake a LOT harder if I want to make the turn. :haha:
You really just need to turn the bike and brake the same = faster corner speed, better lap times :D

jigs

So much for the "I'm a 40 year old with a hip replacement...leave me alone"" spiel huh. That one aint' gonna work anymore Ed...nice vid boys.

ERB68

jigs;196087 wrote: So much for the "I'm a 40 year old with a hip replacement...leave me alone"" spiel huh. That one aint' gonna work anymore Ed...nice vid boys.
I guess it's a good thing I'm 42 with a hip replacement....... now leave me alone. :rolleyes:

j_fuggin_t

TheGrouch;195866 wrote: I was running 15/44 last weekend, but normally run 15/45. I was missing a bit out of T7, but otherwise the 44 works great. Not sure how you can stand the 46....too much shifting.
i was 15/45 and i had to make an extra shift here & there, i'll prob go back to my 44 for the 2/3 of july

nice riding ed, you passed me a couple times & i tried to keep up but you pull on me through 4 & 5 and then again in 7 (i'm a puss in 7 for some reason) but its gonna be fun to chase you more and more, hell its gonna be fun to chase EVERYONE, just chasing a few guys i was down in the 16's in no time, so needless to say i'm pretty anxious :D

ERB68

Thanks JT

The really amazing thing to me is Jim (shooting the vid) did this on Q2's and a 03 R6. Now that is some solid riding!!!!