6/13 Jefferson

jtsgsxr6

I wasn't there today, but was yesterday the 12th. It was my first time on JC and I liked it! Also the first time I've seen the two cone apex system to show how the bike should be pointed, I like that too!

Mike Moore

jtsgsxr6;133422 wrote: I wasn't there today, but was yesterday the 12th. It was my first time on JC and I liked it! Also the first time I've seen the two cone apex system to show how the bike should be pointed, I like that too!
The double cone at the apex, is an aid picked up at the Yamaha Champions School. Got to give credit where its due! Nick and his team run a great school!

sooperman12

I too like the double cone. If it works for the Yamaha Champions School it's certainly good enough for NESBA. It might be a little more work setting up, but I have to say that it's a nice little benefit.

jtsgsxr6

mamoore996;133428 wrote: The double cone at the apex, is an aid picked up at the Yamaha Champions School. Got to give credit where its due! Nick and his team run a great school!
Cool, I sorta figured that but wasn't sure since we didn't do it at the SED.

J-HY

Despite my crash out of turn 1, I had a good (half) day yesterday. It was great to finally hit the track this year and work on getting a feel for/sorting the new bike. Glad that I was able to walk away from the crash with just bumps and bruises and surface wounds.
Thanks to Mike and Chris for doing a great job CR'ing, also to Doyer as well for running the show. Also, thanks to the solo advanced rider (#78- didn't catch your name) for your help and advice!

JGardy_781

J-HY;133455 wrote: Despite my crash out of turn 1, I had a good (half) day yesterday. It was great to finally hit the track this year and work on getting a feel for/sorting the new bike. Glad that I was able to walk away from the crash with just bumps and bruises and surface wounds.
Thanks to Mike and Chris for doing a great job CR'ing, also to Doyer as well for running the show. Also, thanks to the solo advanced rider (#78- didn't catch your name) for your help and advice!
No problem, man. Glad to see you weren't (too badly) banged up...

Jason

JGardy_781

mamoore996;133428 wrote: The double cone at the apex, is an aid picked up at the Yamaha Champions School. Got to give credit where its due! Nick and his team run a great school!
I wondered why there were so many cones out there...

sooperman12

J-HY;133455 wrote: Despite my crash out of turn 1, I had a good (half) day yesterday. It was great to finally hit the track this year and work on getting a feel for/sorting the new bike. Glad that I was able to walk away from the crash with just bumps and bruises and surface wounds.
Don't feel bad about crashing out in T1. Seems a lot of people did that this weekend. T1 can be a little deceptive and it'll suck you in. But it's one of the funnest corners in the mid-atlantic because of how it winds you up. It's like a roller coaster!

jtsgsxr6

I too loved turn 1, except that one lap I clipped in too tight at the first apex cone and ran the tires up the curbing :eek: It was definately fun though, knee on the curbing at the first cone then drifting out to just shy of mid track with knee still down the whole way though. The CR I worked with that day, Rick, was mowing the weeds growing between the curbing with his puck. Kinda funny following him and chunks of green fliying at me.

PA Vfr

Add another thanks to the CRs from me. I got a lot of helpful feedback. Every time out I realize how much more I need to learn, but it sure is fun when things start coming together and making a difference.

So thanks Bryan, Chris, and the other CR who helped me get turn 1 figured out!

jsmalnar

PA Vfr;133581 wrote: Add another thanks to the CRs from me. I got a lot of helpful feedback. Every time out I realize how much more I need to learn, but it sure is fun when things start coming together and making a difference.

So thanks Bryan, Chris, and the other CR who helped me get turn 1 figured out!
Doug, don't you need to change your signature?

-Jeremy

jsmalnar

jtsgsxr6;133565 wrote: I too loved turn 1, except that one lap I clipped in too tight at the first apex cone and ran the tires up the curbing :eek: It was definately fun though, knee on the curbing at the first cone then drifting out to just shy of mid track with knee still down the whole way though. The CR I worked with that day, Rick, was mowing the weeds growing between the curbing with his puck. Kinda funny following him and chunks of green fliying at me.
I came too tight out of 1 once and got into the puddle and did a "little" sliding around. That will get your heart racing pretty fast. :wow:

J-HY

Sdough675;133696 wrote: first track day and loved it cant wait t go back
It's definitely an addiction!

Were you riding the black/gold 675 directly behind me when I crashed?
If so, thanks for maneuvering around me!

schreib

Insaneman1731;133719 wrote: Had a great time on Sunday riding with everyone, big thanks to Chris and Rob for working with me and giving me the bump to :i:.
They didn't give you anything, you definitely earned that bump. Great riding with you in B for those morning sessions John. Hope to see you out there again!

When I finally get my video editing sorted out there is a beautiful pass that you made on me and another guy that was passing me on the back stretch (Yeesh was I really going that slow? :notsure:)

Insaneman1731

schreib;133729 wrote: They didn't give you anything, you definitely earned that bump. Great riding with you in B for those morning sessions John. Hope to see you out there again!

When I finally get my video editing sorted out there is a beautiful pass that you made on me and another guy that was passing me on the back stretch (Yeesh was I really going that slow? :notsure:)
Thanks for the compliments Ben! Great riding with you as well.

Sdough675

J-HY;133710 wrote: It's definitely an addiction!

Were you riding the black/gold 675 directly behind me when I crashed?
If so, thanks for maneuvering around me!
Yeah that was me. didnt look like it felt to good