6'3, 225 lbs, 46 chest.......what size suit ?

noupf

Just a general post for anybody who may be near these body dimentions. I need to pick up a suit and I was looking at getting a size 48 based on some sizing charts......but I got some advice that a 50 or 52 would be more to my size. Anybody else wear a US 48, 50 or 52 that can chime in here with your height, chest and waist around these numbers?

Thanks !

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
5'9" 230. I've been through plenty of suits looking for a brand/model that fits me well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rTgrKpLrs4

My Alpinestars RC1 is a 48US. It started out a little tight, but it's breaking in pretty nicely.

My MotoGP 'Roo suit is a 48US..fits pretty well...a little more chest room.

I also have an AlpineStars suit that's a 52US (I think it's an SG-1). That one's a nice fit.

I've also had AGV suits, Kobe suits, and Lord knows what else. I've settled on the Alpinestars as the one that works best for me...and I'll probably buy size 50's from now on.

Good luck.

Lombardo Joe

While we're at it, I was going to post about this as well... I've got measurements that would place me in about 3 different suits... I was wondering where the happy medium was. If anyone hits around these measurements, let me know.

6'1", 180lbs, 32 waist, 42 chest.

A 42 would fit my waist and chest, but a 48 is appropriate for my height and weight???

noupf

Lombardo Joe;112195 wrote: While we're at it, I was going to post about this as well... I've got measurements that would place me in about 3 different suits... I was wondering where the happy medium was. If anyone hits around these measurements, let me know.

A 42 would fit my waist and chest, but a 48 is appropriate for my height and weight???
stop the thread jacking man ! :banghead:

lol, just messing with ya

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Here's a guide that might help..but honestly, in many cases trying suits on is the best way to go about it in my opinion.

http://www.alpinestars.com/sizechartmtnumber.htm

It should be OK for you in the tuck/crouch position and allow you to move about on the bike.

But Joe, I will say that at 180lbs..a 48s going to be too loose. I can almost guarantee that. You'll get in it fine, but in the wind at speed it's going to flap around a lot on you.

noupf

D-Zum;112198 wrote: Here's a guide that might help..but honestly, in many cases trying suits on is the best way to go about it in my opinion.

http://www.alpinestars.com/sizechartmtnumber.htm

It should be OK for you in the tuck/crouch position and allow you to move about on the bike.

But Joe, I will say that at 180lbs..a 48s going to be too loose. I can almost guarantee that. You'll get in it fine, but in the wind at speed it's going to flap around a lot on you.
well, by alpinestars chart, i'd be more like a 48........now i'm back to square one again.

lindr6

I'm 6' 225 I had 48 Teknic it was tight but felt right. I now have a 50 A* fits great. you ain't to off from me I would try the 50. But I always check with others some suits fit a size smaller.

fitz

Lombardo Joe;112195 wrote: While we're at it, I was going to post about this as well... I've got measurements that would place me in about 3 different suits... I was wondering where the happy medium was. If anyone hits around these measurements, let me know.

I'm 6'1", 175lbs 33 waist, 43 chest

All the 44/54s pulled into my crotch pretty bad, the 46/56 just a little. I wear a back protector, chest pad and hip/thigh protective shorts so the extra space works out nice.

fitz

trickyricky

I'm 6-2 230, 47in chest, 38in waist; my Dainese is 58, my Spyke 60, both fit well with all the goodies on (back, chest protector). I've never been able to get my shoulders in on a 56, not without sacrificing the boys, and that my friend, is a deal breaker:D To be fair though, I have never tried Joe Rocket or Teknic. I'm a 60 on Spidi, Arlen Ness, Berik.

noupf

trickyricky;112244 wrote: I'm 6-2 230, 47in chest, 38in waist; my Dainese is 58, my Spyke 60, both fit well with all the goodies on (back, chest protector). I've never been able to get my shoulders in on a 56, not without sacrificing the boys, and that my friend, is a deal breaker:D To be fair though, I have never tried Joe Rocket or Teknic. I'm a 60 on Spidi, Arlen Ness, Berik.
you and me sir are right on par with each other..........are you talking US sizes or european? I would have to think that if some of the sizing charts are telling me that 48 or 50 would be good for me, that the 58 or 60 you are speaking of would just be huge on me.

rk97

Lombardo Joe;112195 wrote:

You and I are about the same size. Frankly, suits marketed in America are made for people with an "UNathletic" build. You're going to find that anything that fits you in the chest will be baggy in the waist.

The 'european cut' suits will fit you better, but are also more expensive...

I think my suit is a 42, and it's pretty tight in the chest (back/chest protector), but a bit baggy in the waist. I'd think you'll find a 44 to be the best compromise, since I fit a size 40 jacket just about perfectly, and you're an inch taller and thicker in the chest.

ultimately, the answer is to have the suit altered... I had the calves taken in about 1.5 inches on my suit, and my knee pucks no longer twist around. Wish i'd don that sooner.

Lombardo Joe

noupf;112196 wrote: stop the thread jacking man ! :banghead:

lol, just messing with ya
My bad, broder. I had a choice to make. One extra thread in the forum, or hopping on this bus; it was the lesser of two evils in terms of forum etiquette. Thanks for being cool about it!

And for everyone else that dropped info down, I appreciate it. I'll probably rent for my first day (May 25th at NJMP Thunderbolt), because I might not be able to afford all this by then... Hopefully the store comes up soon, or I might be screwed.

trickyricky

noupf;112330 wrote: you and me sir are right on par with each other..........are you talking US sizes or european? I would have to think that if some of the sizing charts are telling me that 48 or 50 would be good for me, that the 58 or 60 you are speaking of would just be huge on me.
My bad, Euro sizing, already corrected above though.

mattf

6'4", 235, 48" chest, 36" waist.

I couldn't find anything to fit me, anything big enough for my chest and shoulders was baggy as hell thru the waist.

I quit screwing around and I got a custom suit made by Pilot. Custom fit, custom design, way cheaper than most any decent off the rack suit. I love my Pilot leathers. Incidentally, my Pilot is a 52.