6/7 BHF, Need Help to thank NESBA team

russan1959

I went to the hospital after a crash in the 2nd beginner's session. My sister in law informed me then that Greg and another unknown tall person had driven my car and equipment home to Palatine and backed it into the garage. I am amazed, shocked and happy with the level of dedication on the part of these members/ workers. I mean it was a tremendous help not having to deal with that along with the hospital and health recovery. So please help me deliver a big thanks to Greg (recovering from his own injury as he was wearing a neck brace) and the unknown person. They helped us (wife and her sister) out immeasurably. This level of commitment will definitely have me coming back when I overcome my injuries which involves multiple fractures of the pelvis ( have brackets and screws now) and a lesser shoulder separation. Again, my thanks to the NESBA team and the BHF crew as your level of professionalism was critical to getting me on the road to recovery.
If anybody has information on the crash I would appreciate what you can tell as it would help in my learning experience. Thanks

Russ

JBZX6R

Russ,
Glad that you are doing OK. All the Nesba guys are at RA so it might be awhile before they respond.
I will let the people from BHF that were involved know about you're appreciation.

Now about what happened. The worker at the gate seen smoke coming from the front tire indicating that you either locked up the front wheel or that you touched the rider in front of you. After that you went airborne and slammed down on you're back in the grass.

Jan

Trent1098S

This is second hand, and I hate giving second hand info because I didn't see it happen, but I heard from another in our group after the session was flagged there was bike to bike contact coming out of Turn 6. Don't know more than that but I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks pretty soon.

Glad you are ok and on here posting! Sounds like you took a hard hit. Was worried when I heard you were on the track still after the session was flagged.

I've taken that bus ride before. It scared the shit out of me. I've also broken my pelvis before several years ago wrestling with a friend (body slammed on to concrete.. ugh), and I know firsthand that is not fun either.

But hang in there, and get well soon! Sounds like you got taken care of good!!

eE jeremy

I also heard bike to bike contact, but I didn't see any other bikes off track or with damage, so I'm assuming the other rider must have been ok and continued on.

Wink

Get well soon Russ. I am trying to remember who was waiting for your sister, but I think that it was Fred, Greg, me, and Brian Flannery. I had taken Greg and Brian to the track, and another friend Shelly drove Brian's van to the track and left her car at our house.

Anyhow, Shelly drove Brian's van to my house, picked up her car and drove home, Brian drove your Taurus and trailer to my house, got his van which Shelly left there and Brian drove home, I drove Greg back from Blackhawk, where he drove your your car and trailer from my house to your house, where he got picked up to go home. Nice little ballet wasn't it?

Also thanks to Tom Menke (Blackhawk) for gathering your stuff and putting it in the car. Not sure who loaded your bike though...

Anyway, HEAL UP, you were moving really good out there. Greg had his brace off today and rode a few sessions with us at Road America, so he had a quick recovery. Now it is your turn.

Brian

smoove

Glad to hear that you are OK. I was coming out of 6A when you went down. I didn't see what happened but only a flash of red in my peripheral that did not look natural. The NESBA crew continues to impress me. This is truly an outstanding organization that cares about those around them. When Jaren went down in the first session on Saturday, Greg came over to check on him and brought ice cream over for his girls. I continue to be impressed by this organization. Heal quickly Russ!
Nate

beac83

Russ,
Good to hear that you will be OK.

I wasn't out in that session as I was helping Ken work on his bike at that point.
Greg, Stas, Fred and I loaded up your bike and stuff. Fred found a broken rear spool in your plastics. Stas and I were pitted on either side of you.

Glad you are back home resting. Heal well, heal quickly.

Hope to see you back out with us soon.