600rr temperature

nk140

What is the normal operating temp of a 2005 600rr on the track. I noticed at Barber mine is getting to 200-205 on track and on my way to the paddock it will hit 220 or so and climbing. I seems a little high to me.

nk140

Jeff H;181683 wrote: You're fine, mine is the same.
Well that is a little relief. My 954 would never see over 190 on track or in the paddock. Does your 600rr temperature keep climbing while cruise through the paddock to near 220-225?

rk97

i've seen mine hit 220 on the track, but it usually stays closer to 200-205, and then bumps up to 220 in the paddock.

Dunno if that's a problem or not. never gotten any warning lights. Biggest issue I have is my headers melting the radiator over-flow reservoir.

I researched this on 600RR.net a while back, and if I am remembering right, you'll get a warning light at 240, and start causing damage at 250 or so.

Matt

mine ran hot too. 200-210 on track.

keep an eye on your coolant. I never noticed a water leak, but it was, only on track at higher temperature, out of one of the hoses where it clamps to the radiator.

rk97

good point on the leaks. Based on these forum posts I dug up just now (wanted to make sure I wasn't giving terrible advice once people started believing things I was recalling from over a year ago), street riders are in the 180+ range at much lower RPM than we ride, and in the 220+ range at lights.

Allegedly, 248 is "officially" overheating, so 240 is a number to watch for and avoid.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=110500

220 is when the fan kicks on (if you still have one)
http://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/cbr-600rr-temperature-98334/

nk140

Thanks for the advice. From this advice I will just live with the higher temps and maybe add Water wetter to the coolant.

Matt I noticed a similar leak that you are talking about and only at higher temps. It came from aluminum hose on the left side of the radiator. It was slightly bent. I bent it back round and it stopped.