7/6/09 Main B Group Crash - Inside Pass?

FaceRace98

How about taking all the rule breaking/overly aggressive "B" riders & send them out in an "A" session....Then maybe they will realize how realitivly slow they are and try to learn the right way. ; )

Revvin' Evan

Edit: after seeing the video and talking to Lucky again............

this was an unfortunate event and an unfortunate error

Revvin' Evan

FaceRace98;67991 wrote: How about taking all the rule breaking/overly aggressive "B" riders & send them out in an "A" session....Then maybe they will realize how realitivly slow they are and try to learn the right way. ; )
that would be scary and fun at the same time

styles

damn dude. sux. if ur not going to make it on the brakes for whatever reason (mushy brakes in your case) you proooooobably shouldn't try to stuff it inside a group of riders in an effort to make the turn anyway.

Jiggy

Control Rider
I think the guy has been blasted enough. We can all agree that it was an illegal move. I am happy that the parties involved are not too badly injured and that the video can be used as an example of an extremely compromising move and what not do, especially at a Nesba trackday. That being said.......

The moral of the thread: You will asked to leave if you pull this. CRs issued a valid warning early in the day followed by a justified ejection from the rest of the afternoon's sessions. CRs did a great job monitoring this rider's activity throughout the day and were able to come to an immediate decision following the event on film given their notes from earlier. I am sure that he will be closely monitored if he attends another event, regardless of location, by both CRs and the fellow nesbians. :rtfm:

CRs see you when you sleeping....they know when your awake...... they know when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake........ooooooohhhhh, you better watch out......hmmm,hmmmm,hmmmmmm,hmmmm

LuckyinVA

styles;68005 wrote: damn dude. sux. if ur not going to make it on the brakes for whatever reason (mushy brakes in your case) you proooooobably shouldn't try to stuff it inside a group of riders in an effort to make the turn anyway.
I made an effort to control it and leaned in way harder then I ever had on that corner. I feel shit for what happened. I have watched the video over and over and I am not at all at happy with the what I did. I have nothing more really, just that I am totally bummed this hurt anyone.

vanbreezy

The illegal pass was attempted in turn 3. That is a horrible spot in any group to pass in. You try to hold your head if someone does that to you but hey that shit was bogus. :box: But in defense for the guy Gixxer's have a serious brake fade problem as a owner of one for years i can verify that. That is the reason for adding steal braided lines and a brembo master. The Man came on the board and publicly apologize. He seems contrite, lesson learned hopefully

Twiztedjester55

Van does the Brembo Master help alot, I've got steel lines and RJL's and I had hardly any brakes the 2nd half of the day at JC and the afternoon sessions at Main, I just rode through it and actually felt like it made me smoother but it is something I will need to address as I get even faster

Landshark

Control Rider
I have had a few gixxers and have ONE master that works well. It works so well I refuse to replace it for a brembo I have in my tool box. However on my two other bikes I have brembos. The masters were such crap I almost didn't buy the 1k after my test ride. Two lines over the 1-2 adds more fluid to disapate the heat. Bleed the friggin brakes. I bleed them every month.

Thoughts on the vid.
I don't think brakes had anything to do with this incident. A rider made a decision to pass inside. That rider could have done so many things different but made a choice (s) that was wasn't so swift. I'll reserve any further judgment or comment.

vanbreezy

Yes it makes a HUGE diffrence no fade what so ever. One finger breaking easy the problem now is braking too much so I have to get used to it and modulate better.

NoBull

Twiztedjester55;68047 wrote: Van does the Brembo Master help alot, I've got steel lines and RJL's and I had hardly any brakes the 2nd half of the day at JC and the afternoon sessions at Main, I just rode through it and actually felt like it made me smoother but it is something I will need to address as I get even faster
Yes it will.

On your bike you could also put the calipers from an 03 GSXR1000 on. That will also fix the problem.

pmupson

Lets move on!

I want to thank everyone on their well wishes and comments on the crash situation. I really appreciate their interest and opinions.

I've read LuckyinVA comments and I believe he IS sorry for the bad inside pass he attempted that resulted in my crash. Hopefully he will use this as an learning experience and be able to avoid this unhappy situation again.

I also want to thank NESBA and the B group control rider in particular for how they ultimately handled the situation. I must say his after lunch B group riders meeting was one of the best I ever attended. It provided very good information on how to ride the track and should be model for other CRs to use.

Last I must say that of all of the trackday organizations I've rode with NESBA is the very best.

Thanks again and hope to see all of you soon, hopefully Beaverun last week of Aug.

Paul Upson :)
R6 #28

Fastguy

Hey Luckyin VA,

I'm the guy who loaned you the scissors to cut your zip ties on your canopy on Monday afternoon. All too often too much badgering goes on in forums such as this possibly due to the anonymity forums present. I personally won't criticize someone on a forum because too much can be lost in translation.

You showed character when you responded to this thread, the victims have pretty much forgiven you and you have realized your mistake. We all share the joy of this addiction and as they say in all the liquor commercials, lets enjoy it responsibly!

Should you wish to return to NESBA to ride again PM me so that we can schedule when we will be at the same events. We can pit together!

P.S. How far are you from VIR?

mfriedl

Monday

Kudos to Lucky for taking the high road here and not getting defensive. Thread close. Let's move on.

Though the idea of B guys in A sound quite interesting.....lol!!! JK:)

jls223

pmupson;68101 wrote: I want to thank everyone on their well wishes and comments on the crash situation. I really appreciate their interest and opinions.

I've read LuckyinVA comments and I believe he IS sorry for the bad inside pass he attempted that resulted in my crash. Hopefully he will use this as an learning experience and be able to avoid this unhappy situation again.

I also want to thank NESBA and the B group control rider in particular for how they ultimately handled the situation. I must say his after lunch B group riders meeting was one of the best I ever attended. It provided very good information on how to ride the track and should be model for other CRs to use.

Last I must say that of all of the trackday organizations I've rode with NESBA is the very best.

Thanks again and hope to see all of you soon, hopefully Beaverun last week of Aug.

Paul Upson :)
R6 #28
:congrats:

Get well soon!

Jiggy

Control Rider
mfriedl;68155 wrote:
Though the idea of B guys in A sound quite interesting.....lol!!! JK:)
Last year there was a B guy who pitted in late after a red flag. He rolled right down pit lane and pulled up beside me. I believe he thought that we were the rest of the B guys waiting to get back out there after the Red flag incident was cleaned up. He did not know that the track marshal had ended the B session. I did not notice his sticker until pulling out on the front straight, I looked over at him and gave him the pull-off-the-track-you-are-going-to-get-asspacked sign, but I dont think he realized it until Turn 1.

Going fast is relative to the definition a rider has for the term "fast". There are plenty of B guys that go faster than A guys, relatively speaking. :wow: